Anyone up for beta testing the Amber NPC mod?

Meira

I know that many of you like to spend your summer outside rather than sitting in front of your screen hunting bugs, but anyone who feels himself or herself to be an exception to this rule (or happens to live down under) is welcome to beta test Amber.

Amber has romance tracks for both the Protagonist and a non-NPC Player2 and a friendship track for the Protagonist. If I can find a tester or several testers to go through each of the three tracks, it would be lovely. And of course, 'the more, the merrier', ie. the more testers we have going through the different possible options, the more likely it is that some hard-to-find or rare bugs will turn up now instead of later.

Some things that a tester needs to keep a sharp eye for, include:

- the three miniquests (available for all) and the Bodhi abduction (protagonist romance only)

- scripted banters with Viconia, Imoen and Haer'Dalis

- Underdark banters

- timing of the romance / friendship (Does it take too much or too little time?)

- problems in Amber's combat AI

- language and spelling errors

Note, that even though the current version has content for SoA only, you will need to have ToB installed. Since the Beta version contains voicing only for a few minor NPCs and no music, the download size is only about 4.4 MB and shouldn't therefore be a problem even for people with a slower connection.

If you're up for testing, you can email me or send a PM.

Cheers,

Meira

EDIT:

No more testers needed. Thanks for your interest! :)

Guest SP101

I'm up for it !

Planning to play BG2 alot for the rest of the summer's nights and evenings.

It's the 3rd time I come to this forum (1st time I'm writing on it) and I'm really interested of testing Amber!

E-mail me (or add me on MSN if you have it) for details at sp101101@hotmail.com

¤SP¤

Fast work, good luck with it. :)

(This is not volunteering, sorry)

It's been 6+ months since we came out of the closet, two years since I wrote the first lines. So we are not exactly working *that* fast... :borg: It's all right not to volunteer, though, I know that your TO DO list is probably rather long.

SP101, I'm afraid I have to ask you to register (if you haven't already), before Cam can give you access to the beta forum. :D

:borg: Congratulations on the beta, Meira!

Since my summer holiday starts next week, although I will be spending time testing Fade ToB, I am planning to play the game through for fun, so I am happy to take Amber along for the ride :D (A whole party of tieflings - it's what we want!)

This may also allow us to both work on some banters for the crossmod pack....? :) I hope as two thieves, our character will have some interesting things to say to each other!

To beta test Amber that "would" be nice. If only the last time I was uninstalling my BG II my lovely computer had not said au revoir in middle of uninstalling SoA (ToB went fine...) so now I'm unable to...

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Install in back properly.

3. Do anything else with the game...'

The irony of life never stops to amaze me. :)

I've already sent a pm (as per the first post), but I'll post it here too: if you still need more betatesters, sign me up. I've been following a few mods quite closely, Amber being one of them.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, Finnath: use the registry (use Execute->Regedit) to manually remove all the keys that link to BG2, and you should be able to reinstall it.

To beta test Amber that "would" be nice. If only the last time I was uninstalling my BG II my lovely computer had not said au revoir in middle of uninstalling SoA (ToB went fine...) so now I'm unable to...

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Install in back properly.

3. Do anything else with the game...'

The irony of life never stops to amaze me.  :)

How To Manually Uninstall BG2

It's been 6+ months since we came out of the closet, two years since I wrote the first lines. So we are not exactly working *that* fast... 

It takes time to make a good mod. Congratulations from here too on getting it to the beta stage. :)

:bday: Congratulations on the beta, Meira!

Since my summer holiday starts next week, although I will be spending time testing Fade ToB, I am planning to play the game through for fun, so I am happy to take Amber along for the ride :band: (A whole party of tieflings - it's what we want!)

Great, thanks! Generally I don't recommend beta testing Amber with any other mods in beta stage and/or not yet fully stable, but I'm sure that you as the creator of Fade will be able to tell which are your problems and and which are mine.

This may also allow us to both work on some banters for the crossmod pack....? :beer: I hope as two thieves, our character will have some interesting things to say to each other!

Yes, work at least. I don't plan to go public before V1, so we cannot add the banters to the crossmod pack before that, but I probably don't have too much time before that anyway. :D I did make some notes when I played with Fade, though.

Sevariat, Lord Ernie - I got your PMs, I just didn't have time to reply in the morning since I was busy arranging the beta forum (and had to go to work :)).

Finnath, let me know if (when) you get your install sorted out. :borg:

Archived