Possible Del-Salvanus interjection

Rusalka

Salvanus:

"Oh fair maid, your mahogany crowned countenance has drawn my attention to your fair self.  Why, your puissant lips pursue me, such that I cannot escape from kissing them in purest self-defense!   Kiss me now and forever, for your beauty has made of me a willing slave!"

Delainy:

"Why your words have struck true, magnificent elf.  However, mere words won't win this woman's heart.  Why, you have yet to ask me out to dinner."

Salvanus:

"Dinner?"

Delainy:

"Yes, I'm glad you asked.  You see, it has been ever so long since I last had Cloud Peak Oysters.  You do know what they are?  If not, well, they are quite simple to make.  All they are removed testicles, suitably beaten, and then fried up with a bread batter."

Delainy:

"And guess what?  I'm providing the raw materials."

Salvanus:

"Um, yes my dear, oh...oh my, I believe I hear my captain calling.  I'm afraid that I'm going to have to reschedule that dinner.  Say, after my trip to Maztica..."

Heh, that guy never fails to crack me up. May I suggest some edits?

Salvanus:

"Oh fair maiden, your mahogany-crowned countenance has drawn my attention to your fairest self.  Why, your puissant lips pursue me, such that I cannot escape from kissing them in purest self-defense!   Kiss me now and forever, for your beauty has made me a willing slave!"

Delainy:

"Your words strike true, magnificent elf!  However, mere words won't win this woman's heart.  Why, you have yet to ask me to dine with you."

Salvanus:

"Dinner?"

Delainy:

"Yes, I'm glad you asked.  You see, it has been ever so long since I last had Cloud Peak Oysters -- you do know what they are, don't you?  Well, they are quite simple to make:  obtain freshly removed testicles, tenderize to suit, and then fry in a bread batter..."

Delainy:

"...And guess what?  I'll even provide the raw materials."

Salvanus:

"Um, yes my dear, oh...oh my!  I believe I hear my captain calling.  I'm afraid that I'm going to have to reschedule that dinner.  Say, after my trip to Maztica..."

I like this scenario, especially since Delainy isn't likely to mince words, no pun intended.

Thanks for the suggested edits, Smoketest.  Looks good and I will implement them.  Heh, this is a bit of a first draft, but since its been a while since I put anything up, I thought it might let people know that I am working on this.

And yes, Del can be demure one moment, and...er...wrathful the next.  

Oh ho! Poor Salvanus! Another female to send him running for the hills. A touch harsh but what the heck. Oysters anyone?

Heh, glad you like it Rusalka.  I would almost feel sorry for Silvanus, then I remember he hits on anything that moves.

Don't forget, we're cutting the non-verbal cues. :D

Ah, that explains the unforseen editing of the posts of Bri and myself.

If what I read in Lovetalk 1 is any indication, will this mod will use PS:T-style dialogs? I'd prefer to have what Delainy is saying be clear enough to not require that, but if that's how it must be, then I suppose I'll have to deal.

Then again, when I used to play Starflight 2, I enjoyed it when the Arla species would display their current emotion in front of the communicated message. Sometimes I need that when trying to decipher a line from Jaheira or Viconia, although it is totally unnecessary for Aerie.

Darn, this message is shorter than 76,800 characters. Maybe next time.

Don't forget, we're cutting the non-verbal cues. :D

Ah, that explains the unforseen editing of the posts of Bri and myself.

If what I read in Lovetalk 1 is any indication, will this mod will use PS:T-style dialogs? I'd prefer to have what Delainy is saying be clear enough to not require that, but if that's how it must be, then I suppose I'll have to deal.

Then again, when I used to play Starflight 2, I enjoyed it when the Arla species would display their current emotion in front of the communicated message. Sometimes I need that when trying to decipher a line from Jaheira or Viconia, although it is totally unnecessary for Aerie.

Darn, this message is shorter than 76,800 characters. Maybe next time.

Most of it I hope will be clear on her emotional intent. I will probably keep the non-verbal cues for the lovetalks though, but as I only have 6 or so lovetalks done, that certainly can change.

Heh, it was almost 50-50 on the playtesters whether to keep those small cues or not.

As for whether it is straightforward or not. Some of the lovetalks will be more...I don't want to say cryptic, but playful, to draw her out. Others will be much more straightforward, depending on the nature of the talk, and Delainy's mood.

I mean, one where she is introspective will require just a touch more effort (and don't worry, it will only be along the lines of "You see Delainy pensively look at the sky..." and one of the options will be, "Try to engage her in conversation." while another is "Try to draw her out of her funk" and yet another, "Leave her be."

I don't want people jumping through hoops, trying to cryptically figure out if something was done right or wrong in the conversation.

Okay, I got the pm but haven't responded yet (slept in  :D )

I think I like the little non-verbal cues in the lovetalks. I didn't even mind the entire non-verbal line in the Salvanas dialog, as it described the scene better than the current edit by Camdawg. :wink.gif (Whose raw materials Delainy is bringing to dinner is no longer clear, nor is the reason for Salvanus' suddenly wanting to leave. Perhaps restore that non-verbal line but prefix it to her "...And guess what?" line instead of making it seperate.)

I appreciate that you're going to try to prevent hoop-jumping. I ran into a lot of that with Tashia and Jaheira so I ended up romancing Aerie most of the time.

With Jaheira, she was always so serious and all, and then out of the blue, after we're ambushed by Ertof, she reacts better to a joke, of all things. That threw me. I didn't even know I could make her laugh until I read the dialog with NI.

Tashia was apparently written to be a funny girl. But I didn't know that at first, so here I am trying to be the caring, warm supporter and help her with her problems. Yeah, the end result was the same, but a scan of her dialog file indicated I would have had better responses from her if I'd been uncharacteristically witty instead. I mean, come on, I use the Male2 voice for my PCs. Does he sound like a happy-go-lucky guy? :D

Enough of this morning banter. I need to eat something.

Well, I do intend to keep the non-verbal interjections in the romance lovetalks, since I do think they add something as well.  

Most of the NPC banters, though, it really didn't matter whether they were included or not, and as a result, I did give the green light to eliminate them (and the same goes with the interjections).

And yeah, some of the material will be edited then to make it more in tune so people aren't left scratching their heads.

As for hoop-jumping, as I mentioned, I don't intend it to be next to impossible to romance Del (not unless one is blatantly harsh, and well...she will respond in kind).  

I agree with making Jaheira laugh with a joke, that did throw me too, at least a little.  

With Tashia, well, sometimes I was left scratching my head as to what to do as well :D

Go enjoy breakfast, I'm mostly working on more interjections this morning.

What's a non-verbal cuey, rr?  :D

This was done before, but basically, if I have a sentence that reads:

Delainy: *yawns* "Good morning"

The part: *yawns* is a non-verbal cue.

By removing it, we are left with:

Delainy: "Good morning"

Archived