Jump to content

Probelm with a dialog


Garfield

Recommended Posts

Here is a code that does not want to work. I can't find the mistake...

 

BEGIN ~B#GemP~

IF ~Global("BrennJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN KickOut

SAY ~Ainsi nos chemins se séparent et nos destins s'éloignent?~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Erf, non, bien sur que non, restez avec nous!!~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Oui, vous pouvez partir.~ DO ~SetGlobal("BrennJoined","LOCALS",0)~ EXIT

END

 

IF ~Global("BrennJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin

SAY ~Je savais que vous reviendriez, nos talents vous sont bien utiles en fin de compte.~

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Oui, oui... Allez, ne vous faites pas prier~ DO ~SetGlobal("BreenJoined","LOCALS",1)

JoinParty()~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Non, pas du tout en fait, alors de l'air s'il vous plait!.~ EXIT

END

 

And here is the part of the .TP2 appending the dialogs:

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~B#Gem B#GemP B#GemJ B#GemD B#Gem25P B#G25J B#Gem25D B#Gem25~

UNLESS ~B#Gem~

IF ~25POST~

 

My question is simple: is there a mistake in any of these? Why do my NPC doesn't say the right thing when leaving the party? (actually, he says a different thing each time, but never what's in his .D file :) )What did I do wrong?

Link to post

I don't see any mistake. What does he say when kicked out? Any text you recognize as your own, a black box without any text, or something that seems like a multiplayer dialogue, or something completely different?

 

Is "B#Gem" the death variable in the cre-file?

Link to post

Weird. Are you sure you deleted all traces of PC / multiplayer after the creation of your NPC (although I don't know whether this really causes the problem).

 

If you want I could have a look at your files.

Link to post

Yes, if the multiplayer dialogue shows up instead of the custom P, it means that the flag was not removed from the CRE :) In your NI, the fifth line is 'Flags' make sure that it is 'no flags set'.

Link to post

You don't know what to do?

But Jastey/Domi told you :)

Clear the flags using NI (i guess it is the exportable flag).

If you use DLTCEP, then it is the class flags which should become 0.

Link to post

Yes, I know but when I say

it is

 

this means that the fifth ine in NI is already on "no flag set".

Moreover, I just checked on DLTCEP, and the class flag is already 0x00000000.

 

Wich is why I don't know what to do :)

Link to post
Yes, I know but when I say
it is

 

this means that the fifth ine in NI is already on "no flag set".

Moreover, I just checked on DLTCEP, and the class flag is already 0x00000000.

 

Wich is why I don't know what to do :)

OKI :)

 

Btw, did you check your npc in a savegame?

Especially its: dialog, scripting name (death variable), scripts, and the class flag :)

Do a save & check before join, after join.

 

If it says weird things, chances are you got multij/multip etc as dialog :)

Which happens when the death variable doesn't match the entry in pdialog.2da

Link to post

Ok, here is what I find in NI when checking the NPC in a save:

 

[...] flags: (Unknown(15))

[...] Death variable: B#Gem

[...] Dialog: MULTI.DLG :)

 

So here is the problem... Now, how can I solve it please?

And of course, thanks for the piece of advice :)

Link to post

0x8000 (bit 15) is the been in party' flag, which is harmless, i think.

 

I think, your pdialog.2da has some problem.

Would you quote the version AFTER going through the weidu patching?

A suggestion would be to load the 2da into dltcep and check if all the columns/rows seem correct. If they do, you could still try to resave it and check if that fixed the problem.

In this case some unexpected tab characters are the culprit.

Link to post

Here is the pdialog after patching.

 

J#Kelsey     J#KlsyP            J#KlsyJ           J#KlsyD

B#Gem B#GemP B#GemJ BB#Gem

TASHIA       TASHIAP          TASHIAJ          TASHIAD

 

Does the problem come from here?? :)

Link to post
Here is the pdialog after patching.

 

J#Kelsey    J#KlsyP            J#KlsyJ          J#KlsyD

B#Gem B#GemP B#GemJ BB#Gem

TASHIA      TASHIAP          TASHIAJ          TASHIAD

 

Does the problem come from here?? :)

Is BB#Gem correct?

I see nothing else that seems suspicious, except that your row isn't formatted like the others.

So, still you could try to load pdialog.2da in dltcep/resave and try if that fixed your game.

Link to post

Epilogue:

 

The files in the pdialog were actually G#Gem, those from the other NPC in this mod. The B#Gem were missing in the pdialog.

So I had a look in the .TP2 to find why, and I saw something I hadn't noticed before.

 

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~B#Gem B#GemP B#GemJ B#GemD B#Gem25P B#G25J B#Gem25D B#Gem25~

UNLESS ~B#Gem~

IF ~25POST~

(this is from my first post).

 

Le last IF is incorrect, this is supposed to be a UNLESS.

And with the UNLESS, everything goes well^^

 

Thank to Jastey, Domi and Avenger anyway ^^

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...