Crushing bams don't deal crushing dmg

Annowan

Greetings,

for those hasty readers who don't like reading an entire intro (like myself sometimes), please skip to the last paragraph. :)

Today I got ready to fight some Fire Giants and my tactic was simple. I decided to use an underappreciated helmet to decrease the damage done to the tank, making him immune to -what seemed to be- their hammers. So I readied my tank with Hardiness, the Defender of Easthaven and of course Roranach's Horn for a crushing resistance of 110%. And what do I see? The Fire Giants deal damage as they would normally, so it's got to be slashing or piercing damage they deal with their mighty hammers.

Anyway, I was upset seeing as how this tactic I had been playing with in my mind turned out to be in vain. After all, it would only be logical that these giants would deal crushing damage with their war hammer animations. I haven't tested it out for golems yet (and can't check it with SK because that always gives the same "assign to x"-line), but it wouldn't surprise me if they dealt some other type other than crushing damage (fists).

It also seems natural: you got the helmet from Gromnir, just before heading off to fighting Fire Giants. It's a commonly used helpful tactic in many RPG's.

So my suggestion is simple. Would it be possible to fix the weapon damage dealt by these giants in a mod (like oversight did with the alignment corrections) so as to make the damage correspond to the graphics?

It would appear that some Giants are assigned Battle Axes instead of War Hammers... can all the giants still hurt you? I think it reasonably fair that there should be a mix of weapons, but at least some should have the weapon their animated with.

Also, posting this in the G3Tweaks forum could bring this more quickly to the attention of people who can actually deal wih the problem, unlike me. :)

(Edited to fix my hideous misuse of "their" despite the fact that it is now quoted for all time)

It would appear that some Giants are assigned Battle Axes instead of War Hammers... can all the giants still hurt you? I think it reasonably fair that their should be a mix of weapons, but at least some should have the weapon their animated with.
Could be, I haven't gone that far yet this time. ShadowKeeper lists some Giants with two-handed swords and some others with War Hammers and Battle Axes. I'm just hoping that the ones with War Hammers are actually spawned somewhere...

But I'll check the others out soon enough.

Also, posting this in the G3Tweaks forum could bring this more quickly to the attention of people who can actually deal wih the problem, unlike me. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I read a sticky in the oversight forum suggesting it would be better to post new suggestions here. However, since I've got no hard proof yet that there are no Fire Giants (or golems) that deal crushing damage, I'll keep it here and investigate some more. :)

Archived