Shouldn't Greater Werewolf claws be higher then +2

The shapeshifters werewolf hits as +2 and so does the Greater werewolf. Just doesn't seem right to me, especially since its such a powerfull creature.

I think the greater wolfwere hits as a +3. I thought I read somewhere ( maybe in the manual ) that the greater werewolf was supposed to hit as a +3.

Yeah. There are some unused claws that look like they were supposed to be for the werewolf shapechange, but they're not really finished. Currently, the werewolf gets the claw from the brown bear shapechange (you never even get to see the werewolf claw icon). I make changes locally, but I have no idea if this is something that would be considered a bug (and it wouldn't be my tweak, since I enable +1 weapon immunity and regeneration on the "new" claws).

The icon isn't wrong. The claw used is the bear claw (used for the brown bear shapeshift). The only question is why BioWare used the bear claw weapon and didn't create a werewolf weapon that provides regeneration (the troll weapon provides regeneration, at least).

I don't ever use the shapeshifting abilities (well, maybe the 5 seconds when Cernd is in the party), so I can't say what's right or wrong about the current behavior. I just fixed up the two unused shapeshift werewolf claws, and gave the lesser regeneration and the greater non-magical weapon immunity and regeneration (pretty much matching the in-game difference between lesser and greater werewolves). I'm almost positive BioWare wouldn't have elected to give the werewolf form weapon immunity, so it's possible they just decided the existing bear claw worked best.

Archived