You were most dissapointed that

Domi

Why, oh why I won't be able to romance:  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An Imoen romance would have been nice, but it would be difficult to link it to BG2 since relationship with pc in that game is not one of lovers.

This is the reason i haven't done much. I'm trying to find someone doing an imoen BG2 mod that i could link this with. LM is too late since his is pretty much done and it assumes there was no romance in BG1 (as well as having completely different ideas about imoen in some reguards than i do on fundimental levels). Qitch has been away for a while and other than an inital reply hasn't gotten back iwth me. I don't know anyone else offhand i could work with.

Safana would actually make a fine - not romance, exactly but relationship partner. If the player wants a cynical, manipulative, worldly PC, then she could teach him all sorts of things that Gorion omitted from the curriculum. For a more idealistic or romantic PC, Safana could give negative lessons; teach the PC what snares to avoid. In either case, she'd play best in competition with one of the other romances.

I think, this is a question very much akin to Nightmare's discussion on character development changing the character pereception. Do bells and whistles make a character more tolerable? Or does it worsen the situation?

Theoretically, I think, the icing on an NPC, whose personality I've strongly disliked, will not move me to like him or her more.

Korgan, for example, has masterful banter, and if someone would have added more, or romance, or whatever, and stayed true to that excellent writting, I think I would still never stopped disliking him.

Basically, if the addition tries to make him more likable, my inner senses will scream 'WHITEWASHING!". And if his personality remains intact - well, I guess, I only would dislike him more. :)

I think that adding more interaction to Safana would make her more appealing to <CHARNAME> that isn't looking for a permament relationship.

I think that her sex appeal is very annonying when there's no possibility to actually have sex with her.

Personally I consistently hate her, but one of my <CHARNAME>s might find her very attractive.

Personally, in Safana I adore her cynical, manipulative points - especially the manipulative techniques. I think that she makes a perfect pair with CN Coran, but with a no-goody-twoshoes PC she might have an interesting and exciting relationship. :) I especially like that touch in BG2, when she would betray PC (her probable former romantic partner!) to the werewolves.

Myself, I see her leaving at the end of BG1, probably even at the steps of Candlekeep - much as Safana likes adventure, she probably values her pretty hide enough not to travel with a dangerous and unpredictable monster of a Bhaalspawn, hunted by all.

I think that adding more interaction to Safana would make her more appealing to <CHARNAME> that isn't looking for a permament relationship.

I think that her sex appeal is very annonying when there's no possibility to actually have sex with her.

An interesting observation. Kulyok had just mentioned her relationship with Coran, and I think this one actually hints, that it might just be exactly in character for her to dangle the carrot in front of PC's nose.

I would disagree with Kulyok about her leaving at Candlekpeep though - I think that's where she will actually got interested, because Charname would become a potential 'good catch' as opposite to a 'some boy without prospects'. I can see her on another hand trying to kill Charname for Sarevok, but having to stick with Charname, after failing to do so, or finding out about Tamoko and what's-her-name-Sarevok's-another-woman, or being too late to present her bid.

I can see her on another hand trying to kill Charname for Sarevok, but having to stick with Charname, after failing to do so, or finding out about Tamoko and what's-her-name-Sarevok's-another-woman, or being too late to present her bid.

Oh, I can see this, too. *evil grin* Plenty of opportunities - the romance, or the relationship, is an intrigue in itself.

At Candlekeep, I think, it largely depends on PC's personality. A strong, selfish, charismatic man would keep her attention, while a pathetic, spineless, good-for-nothing weakling(that was my inner Shar-Teel, I'm afraid) would fail dismally - and Safana could even call the guard and frame PC for Reiltar's murder, in the second case.

Hmm...

I think that there should be an option of killing her after hearing her biography (for especially sensitive and caring characters)...

I think that a selfish, strong, charismatic and wise man would rather eliminate her before she would cause him trouble.

Archived