You were most dissapointed that

Domi

Why, oh why I won't be able to romance:  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Skie's daddy is WAAAAAAYYY too rich for Eldoth to dump her. When Duke Silvershield gets croaked in chapter 7, it is Skie herself who is way too rich for him to dump her. And Eldoth is sufficiently disciplined a mercenary that he wouldn't jeopardize that huge a payday for mere dalliance with Safana or an alluring PC or anyone else you could name.

I'd also add to that that Eldoth is a character that comes relatively late in the game, and we already have Coran's romance that makes PC to rush the gameplay toward Chapter 4. So, all and all, Xzar or Edwin would have been a better choice.

Skie's daddy is WAAAAAAYYY too rich for Eldoth to dump her. When Duke Silvershield gets croaked in chapter 7, it is Skie herself who is way too rich for him to dump her. And Eldoth is sufficiently disciplined a mercenary that he wouldn't jeopardize that huge a payday for mere dalliance with Safana or an alluring PC or anyone else you could name.

No worries, Skie marries Eldoth, and then dies of natural causes. Or gets pregnant, and he needs a lover. Or whatnot. I have no problems romancing Eldoth if he hasn't dumped Skie, either.

My problem with Eldoth, as I said, is that I picture him slightly different than BG1 NPC version, rather like the one in Dorotea's Ashes novel. Here's a chapter featuring him, but it's got mature themes:

http://www.onlinefiction.net/Ashes/Ashes_ch40.html

EDIT: With Eldoth versus Coran my problem is that Coran, even CN Coran, is too 'good' for my taste. So, I think both Eldoth and Coran could be cool.

Xzar and Edwin are great, but they are not exactly my choice, though I would love to play a romance for either of them, especially with such talented authors.

Oh, I agree that Eldoth is different than Coran; the only similarity is that they are 'late-comers'. Though, I believe that moving Eldoth from Cloakwood to another location, best of all to somewhere adjacent to BG (Wyrm's Crossing part accessible before Ch 5) really change nothing about his subplot.

For my own, my preferable evil alternative was Edwin + the quest Merja was thinking about, involving Thay politics, etc because I like the way she combines humor and intelligence in his portrail, with one not subservient to another.

The good thing about the male evil romances is that they could have been easily integrated into the inter-relationships, by avoiding conflicts with Ajantis and Coran by placing a simple reputation restriction and staging an elaborate magic-involving conflict with Xan :p

Archived