In BG2 Kivan will show up already equipped with it. The weapon then can be upgraded twice - by Neiros in the Dock district (after the Windspear quest) and by Cespenar.

In BG2 Kivan will show up already equipped with it. The weapon then can be upgraded twice - by Neiros in the Dock district (after the Windspear quest) and by Cespenar.

Neiros? The sail maker? HE can upgrade Kivan's bow? Aw, crap. I must have missed that bit of info somewhere...too late for my current game, tho. Ah, well, there is always my new game.

So far so good! Thanks, Domi, for this great mod. It is SO good to have Kivan back. I haven't done all of TOB yet but love the beginning so far. :p

Yep, the Sailmaker; just talk to him when you have the lock of driad's hair and he will make an upgrade... there is also a little bit more with him, when you can offer him a gift of an emerald for his work under certian conditions, but all of it is really the sideline stuff. Kivan will shoot the Elven Court Bow just as well as his own. The only loss of content that occurs if you di dnot have Neiros to upgrade the bow, is that Cespenar will not offer upgrade it in ToB. :p

Yep, the Sailmaker; just talk to him when you have the lock of driad's hair and he will make an upgrade... there is also a little bit more with him, when you can offer him a gift of an emerald for his work under certian conditions, but all of it is really the sideline stuff. Kivan will shoot the Elven Court Bow just as well as his own. The only loss of content that occurs if you di dnot have Neiros to upgrade the bow, is that Cespenar will not offer upgrade it in ToB. :p

Thanks for the info! I had wondered what to do with that lock of hair...I just kept it as a souvinir. And I wondered why Neiros had his own portrait...that alone should have clued me in that there was more to him than just a guy at the Docks. I'll be sure to do his sideline stuff this game, tho. :p

Archived