Portrait Preferences

Drybones

Portrait preferences  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, that is quite nice. However I must admitt, I'm not too fond of the odd grey tips in her hair. Still, it's probably the best pic so far  ;).

But certainly you have noted that wolves seem to have dark tips on white/grey fur? I don't actually know if it's because they have two differently coloured hairs (short white with long black ones) or if single hairs have sliding colour. (That didn't really make much sense, did it?) ;)

Anyway, the white tips are great touch up and this is my favourite portrait too. I wonder if the artist would let us to alter the eyes.

But certainly you have noted that wolves seem to have dark tips on white/grey fur? I don't actually know if it's because they have two differently coloured hairs (short white with long black ones) or if single hairs have sliding colour. (That didn't really make much sense, did it?)

It is the "wild" or "wolf" colouring or "agouti" (or grizzle in some connections as in dogs). One hair has up to two or three different colours, in two or three layers. It can be found in dogs, too, and in cats, rabbits etc. So I think it will fit perfectly.

EDIT: By the way, my avatar is wolf coloured dog ;) - I just had to write this...

Yes, it is an awesome picture. And Sillara, that's okay to change your mind. Many good pictures have been shared since the start of this thread. ;)

Meira explained the different colors to the hair. That is why you will very rarely find a wolf of one solid color.

Heh, and I agree BevH, I prefer green colored eyes myself, but in the module, the only color detailed for Delainy is the color of her hair.

In Tales From the Sword Coast, the figure of Delainy looked like she had brown hair on my screen, and so that was one thing that I kept. Plus it is nice not to have a blonde romanceable figure.

The mention of green eyes was done in the series I had In Sheep's Clothing, but it was nowhere mentioned in Tales of the Sword Coast. That is why in the module I deliberately left out references to Del's eye color (Or I hope I have ;-) ).

I can try to contact gyrfalconthegray and see if he'll give us permission to use the portrait, and if he could perhaps add a bit more green to the eyes. Any other small edits that are warranted?

The mention of green eyes was done in the series I had In Sheep's Clothing, but it was nowhere mentioned in Tales of the Sword Coast.  That is why in the module I deliberately left out references to Del's eye color (Or I hope I have ;-) ).

*coughs*

Mentioned in quite a few places actually. ;)

The mention of green eyes was done in the series I had In Sheep's Clothing, but it was nowhere mentioned in Tales of the Sword Coast.  That is why in the module I deliberately left out references to Del's eye color (Or I hope I have ;-) ).

*coughs*

Mentioned in quite a few places actually. ;)

*blushes* Well...it wasn't conscious then Camdawg ;)

As for other edits, none other would come to mind Icelus.

thanx i think i found the love of my life ;) she would be look even better with light green eyes ( the kind of ones that stare in a person soul) not that she doesnt look hot ;)

but i still cant see the orignal images of del in the beggining of this thread

For those ones, the link goes to a non-existing page... but look on the menu at the left and there is a working link for the portraits there. At least, it worked when I tried it!

Or just try this link instead. ;)http://delainy.gibberlings3.net/portraits.html

I was hoping for amberish eyes myself... so a very, very pale brown with some gold, to indicate her wolf heritage. But green would also be lovely.

Archived