Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

Bursk

I have Ashes of Embers installed after G3 Tweaks, and found that the above component doesn't work when AoE is installed after it.

If I install every component except Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies, then AoE, then RWP, I think they may work okay together (but I'm not sure). Still, upgrading to a new version of G3 Tweaks will mean re-installing all the other components as per usual but uninstalling RWP, then running Setup-G3Tweaks.exe a second time and installing this component only, selecting 'No Change' or 'No' (as applicable) for everything else.

I was wondering if I could get permission to ask Ghreyfain if he'd either make AoE compatible with this component (if that's possible) or even include this component in his mod. This would mean that I could definately use AoE and have Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies (which I like a lot).

Thanks.

In general the Tweak Packs should always be last in the install order, for this reason. Since both G3T and AoE patch the items, I believe the new system is in place but the item descriptions are no longer accurate--did you check whether the weapons are using the new prof system or just the descriptions?

In general the Tweak Packs should always be last in the install order, for this reason. Since both G3T and AoE patch the items, I believe the new system is in place but the item descriptions are no longer accurate--did you check whether the weapons are using the new prof system or just the descriptions?

I just had a quick look at the descriptions. I haven't had a chance to check the proficiencies.

I've changed my mod install order so that AoE is installed before G3 Tweaks. When using the Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies component, I get the following issues:

During character creation, the majority of weapons display the AoE str and dex requirements, but Short Sword/Ninja-To, Katana/Wakizashi and Scimitar don't.

Also, the Flail description says Flail/Morningstar, but does display the correct str and dex requirements for both flails and morningstars. The Mace description says Flail, and does not display the correct str and dex requirements. Quarterstaff says Mace/Morningstar, and does not display the correct str and dex requirements.

If compatibilty between AoE and the Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies component isn't possible, perhaps you'd consider making a note of it in the readme.

I did attempt an unsuccessfull install of Divine Remix after these two mods, but other than that, all mods installed without any problems, so I can only assume the problem is between AoE and G3 Tweaks.

It's not that they're incompatible, it's just that the proficiency descriptions are set by whichever mod gets installed last. The restrictions are still in place--the descriptions are wrong since they're either being set by G3T (on the assumption of an unmodded game) or by AoE (on the assumption of an unmodded game).

I'll adjust the descriptions to detect and reflect AoE in the next version.

It's not that they're incompatible, it's just that the proficiency descriptions are set by whichever mod gets installed last. The restrictions are still in place--the descriptions are wrong since they're either being set by G3T (on the assumption of an unmodded game) or by AoE (on the assumption of an unmodded game). 

I'll adjust the descriptions to detect and reflect AoE in the next version.

Cheers Cam. :)

One thing I have noticed, and this is unreleated to G3 Tweaks; it's just FYI, if that the str and dex requirements are missing for the katana in AoE. This is without Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies installed, so I'm guessing that Ghrey forgot to include these. I'll send him a PM. I just thought you should know, in case you were wondering if it was anything to do with G3 Tweaks while you were making the two mods 'compatible'.

[EDIT: Ghrey responded to my PM and says that this'll be fixed for v27 of AoE.]

Archived