When in Rome...

Andyr

Been to Rome once for a few days myself, and since I'm a big lover of ancient history, I had quite a lot of fun (my parents had to drag me out of the Colloseum where I was listening to the Audio Guide). The Vatican's quite nice, too (you can't go to Rome without visiting the Sistine Chapel :p). So for giving you any tour tips, I'd give the classic(al) ones...

As for the language, I've had no trouble with people understanding English. Of course, if you stick to the more touristic places, you won't, either. Only if you go any further, you'll actually need that Italian dictionary.

And, for the French people, France=Europe=World (otherwise, they'd stop calling computers 'ordinateurs' while the rest of the civilized world calls them 'computers' without translating the word in their language).

This is, sadly, true. The french have always been a... proud people (the French population of Belgium has long dominated the country, and some would say they still do). They're not too bad, they just don't like learning other languages (much like some Americans :p).

Archived