[Fixed, tentatively] Bug Report, v1

JPS

I tried installing DR v1 today, and everything looked like it was working until I got to the last part. If I try to give Branwen or Viconia their respective kits I get this message:

Install Component [Install Battleguard of Tempus kit for Branwen]
[Y]es or [N]o or [Q]uit? y

Installing [Install Battleguard of Tempus kit for Branwen]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

This step may take a few moments...
Copying and patching 3224 files ...
/BGII - SoA/Setup-Divine_Remix.command: line 3:   763 Segmentation fault      ./Setup-Divine_Remix
logout
[Process completed]

After that, the installation stops, and if I run the installer again, the other components don't register as being installed either.

If I skip this part of the mod, the rest seems to be all right (I haven't actually tried playing yet, mind you. And to see if it really works, I'll have to play as a cleric. There are definitions of "right" that explicitly exclude that).

I assume that if this happened in the Windows version as well somebody would have noticed already...

(I was going to attach the debug file, but apparently I'm not "permitted to upload a file with that file extension". You'd think people who make message board software would take the lucrative and important IE modding scene into account. I'll mail it to someone at some point, I assume)

Guest Nathanos

Had the same problem on a system with Windows XP/SP2.. everything went fine up to the option to install the Nightcloak of Shar/Battleguard of Tempus kits for Viconia/Branwen. If I select [Yes], the WeiDU "DOS-Mode" window closes and I get a windows error message saying "Setup-Divine_Remix.exe has detected a problem and must be terminated" (probably awful translation of the original German error message :p). If I don't install one of those components, the setup completes without problems.

OK, I managed to get a hard crash out of WeiDU.

It appears that the Branwen and Viconia components are reacting badly with something else--if they're installed standalone everything goes fine. As it's essentially the same code as the spellbook adjustment in the core components, I suspect the kit determination code chunk is causing the problem--more specifically, perhaps WeiDU is not releasing kitlist.2da quickly enough for subsequent components. This is only speculation, as I've yet to be able to reproduce this more than once or twice, and never under the same circumstances.

I've added as many failsafes to the components as possible for v2. For now, if anyone experiences this, we'll need some really specific, component-by-component install info. I.e., I re-installed core components, installed cleric remix, Shar kit, and got a hard crash on Viconia. If we can get a formula that will replicate this consistently, I can go bug Wes. :p

OK, I managed to get a hard crash out of WeiDU.

It appears that the Branwen and Viconia components are reacting badly with something else--if they're installed standalone everything goes fine. As it's essentially the same code as the spellbook adjustment in the core components, I suspect the kit determination code chunk is causing the problem--more specifically, perhaps WeiDU is not releasing kitlist.2da quickly enough for subsequent components. This is only speculation, as I've yet to be able to reproduce this more than once or twice, and never under the same circumstances.

I've added as many failsafes to the components as possible for v2. For now, if anyone experiences this, we'll need some really specific, component-by-component install info. I.e., I re-installed core components, installed cleric remix, Shar kit, and got a hard crash on Viconia. If we can get a formula that will replicate this consistently, I can go bug Wes. :p

I've once had a similar problem with a component of Refinements, with really old WeiDU (SET_2DA_ENTRY still performed complete pretty-printing each S_2_E, it was right before it had STRING_COMPARE), and I suppose it was related to small memory, since on my other computers (and on Littiz's and TGM's) it has ever since run fine.

Even on that computer it wasn't related to anything specific - it worked or not worked in a completely random fashion.

Please report if you're still having issues with this.

Divine Remix v2 on Windows XP.

Divine Remix crashed while trying to install the Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia Component.

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #51 // Remove BioWare & Mod Kits
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #203 // Install Oozemaster Druid kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #403 // Install Bowslinger Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #409 // Install Forest Runner Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #415 // Install Wilderness Runner Ranger Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia

Also the Ferlan kit is skipped due to it already having been installed by [edit] Unfinished Business. One problem, I skipped that component when I installed Refinements.

Let me know if I can provide more adequate details of the error.

Thanks,

Still got hard crashes in V2.

The cause is if you install CR, a kit, DrR and no other kit (don't ask me why is that, I suppose WeiDU was drunk when doing a fp->fclose() or something).

I found two solutions:

- remove all 2da patching from Druid Remix (inoptimal, but known to be working)

- add a 'shadow' kit in the Druid Remix component (better, but I didn't test extensively).

BTW, I found that WeiDU was (mostly) hard-crashing on vampvic.cre - but changing the variable shar to _shar didn't work.

I can produce a setup-divine_remix --debug-assign --debug-value if you ask nicely, but I doubt it to be of help, since I believe the problem was with WeiDU internals.

EDIT: note that Viconia or Branwen aren't faulty, the problem lies within Druid Remix and WeiDU internals.

I was reluctant to do it initially, but I think we'll just use shadow kits for Viccy and Branwen--it dupes a lot of code ( :party: ), but it will mean that players won't need to have Nightcloaks/Battleguards installed to kit either one of them( :) ). This removes the need to read kitlist, which solves the problem, no?

I was reluctant to do it initially, but I think we'll just use shadow kits for Viccy and Branwen--it dupes a lot of code ( :party: ), but it will mean that players won't need to have Nightcloaks/Battleguards installed to kit either one of them( :band: ). This removes the need to read kitlist, which solves the problem, no?

Uhh, not sure, I was getting the bug even if not installing them (at times on vampvic.cre, at times when waiting for it to list the installed components). I'll tell you as soon as I run some tests - tomorrow at most :)

Hard crashes happen when the program is NOT running as you were expecting him to, so you can't apply `normal' WeiDU knowledge and tricks to it - you have to guess the faulty block and find an ugly workaround (or, alternatively, comment out the component and say :party: to Wes).

Guest Kalindor

Just wanted to say that I am experiencing the same problem. I am using a slew of mods along with Divine Remix v2. The install crashes after i choose not to install the kit for Viconia. If I go into the game after this, all of the new kits for the divine classes are just blank fields. :)

I'm also experiencing a crash, but I get it when trying to install Druid Remix. Here's exactly what I've installed:

Divine Remix Core Components

Cleric Remix

Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit

Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit

Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit

Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit

Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit

Druid Remix

As I said, it crashes when I try to install the Druid Remix component.

Archived