Concerned

RavenBlack

I had to uninstall to replace another mod lower in the install pile, and during reinstallation, I got this error while installing the core components, cleric remix, druid remix, and the associated kits.

ERROR: BIFF [./movies/25Movies.bif] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./movies/25Movies.bif")

It installed fine, and I checked the SoA and ToB character creation screens to see if the kits showed up (they do). Will the error affect gameplay in any way, or am I just being paranoid?

Possibly. I don't know why it couldn't open that biff, but more than likely it was for one of our Throne of Bhaal checks--we look for the Saradush movie to determine if ToB is installed. You may want to check your override folder for CDPRWRL.spl. If it's there, the ToB stuff instaleld fine; if not you may want to try reinstalling.

Reinstalling gives the same error, so I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

EDIT: *does another total uninstallation of BG2* *installs Divine Remix just behind Ascension in the new modpile so she doesn't have to mess with it anymore*

It's funny. It'll install perfectly the first time around, but if I have to uninstall it for any reason, reinstalling it makes it go a little wonky. :)

That has happened to me more than once with Devine Remix v2. It installs perfectly the first time but if you have to reinstall it (either completely remove it and reinstall or just reinstall) then I get the error every time. I have seen no effects on the game because of the error.

*keeps his fingers crossed*

ronin

Archived