Forcetalk option preview

BigRob

The quoted line from Kelsey's dialogue was such, and I wished there were more like it in it.

Some of your own PC options in Xan's romance are that way for me, for example the good old You are doomed, Xan of Evereska, because the answer is yes!

And, actually, many of Doro's lines, though they desperately led out of saving Irenicus, sheesh.

Never Laufey, though - but Merja's - oh, YES!

On another hand, in Anomen's Romance, pretty much every time I picked a remotely witty responce, he quit on me...

The other problem apparently faced by Bioware is that they were working to limits on how much they could write. That's probably why most of the dialogue choices in BGII lead to the same NPC responses. But there is a bit of character built into those responses. They're either basic prompts, righteous goodliness, or total bastardry. It doesn't give you all that much room to play with roleplaying-wise.

Where I can, I've tried to keep the responses neutral, but when expressing an opinion, I do have to put some words together and hope that the player can use one of the options available. I know, for example, that not all of the actions in the flirts will sound right to all players, but even the casual modder has limits on time. :p

Archived