Watcher's Keep: NPC interjections

Kulyok

When I play SOA (with TOB installed), and reach the Watcher's Keep, Bioware NPCs do not talk there. Their interjections trigger only in TOB. It is a well-known fact, but I do not like it at all. Is there a mod that changes it, allowing Bioware NPCs to have their say at the Watcher's Keep in both SOA and TOB? G3 Tweak Pack doesn't, this I know.

P.S. And a small modding-related question: is it at all possible to create a mod with interjections in Watcher's Keep(in SOA), but which also works on SOA-only install? Meaning a user who doesn't have TOB will install it and play it, and a user who has SOA and TOB will install it and play through the Watcher's Keep with new interjections/dialogue?

P.S. And a small modding-related question: is it at all possible to create a mod with interjections in Watcher's Keep(in SOA), but which also works on SOA-only install? Meaning a user who doesn't have TOB will install it and play it, and a user who has SOA and TOB will install it and play through the Watcher's Keep with new interjections/dialogue?

I'm sure there's a bit of TP2 hackery that makes this relatively trivial. I'd probably approach it with an ACTION_IF compile statement that compiled a .d file dedicated solely to WK interjects, and solely if TOB appeared to actually be installed.

P.S. And a small modding-related question: is it at all possible to create a mod with interjections in Watcher's Keep(in SOA), but which also works on SOA-only install?

Well, Watcher's Keep is a part of ToB, so no. And porting it to be playable in SoA doesn't seem like that great an idea, since it's affecting BioWare's ability to sell copies of ToB. Unless you do like Tutu does and require that ToB be installed before installing the Watcher's Keep mod, but... yeah, it'd already be there. :p

P.S. And a small modding-related question: is it at all possible to create a mod with interjections in Watcher's Keep(in SOA), but which also works on SOA-only install?

Well, Watcher's Keep is a part of ToB, so no. And porting it to be playable in SoA doesn't seem like that great an idea, since it's affecting BioWare's ability to sell copies of ToB. Unless you do like Tutu does and require that ToB be installed before installing the Watcher's Keep mod, but... yeah, it'd already be there. :p

They didn't kill <insert name here> for having made NeJ though.

The biggest problem IMHO would be technical - missing OPCodes and all.

Yeah, but that's because nobody wants to play NeJ. Har har is joke don't kill.

Even if BioWare didn't crack down on a ToB-without-ToB mod, I'd still say ones time would be better spent elsewhere. Just tell people to buy ToB. It's not rare like PST or BG1 (is BG1 rare these days?).

Yeah, but that's because nobody wants to play NeJ.  Har har is joke don't kill.

Even if BioWare didn't crack down on a ToB-without-ToB mod, I'd still say ones time would be better spent elsewhere.  Just tell people to buy ToB.  It's not rare like PST or BG1 (is BG1 rare these days?).

You can still find BG1 nowadays without too much difficulty - The Original Saga has been put out not that much time ago IIRC :p

So, it could be done, but a bunch of interjections is probably not worth it? Okay, I think I understand. Thank you all very much.

It is not my first priority, but if I manage it (not soon, though) I'll post here about the end result.

Archived