Convert Game Sounds to Wav for edit?

Minotaur

Hi friends,

I knew this at one time... :)

I have pulled a bunch of needed sound files out using NI... But I need a way to convert them so I can listen/edit. I have tried AMC2Wav but... It opens in a black DOS box and closes in an instant - literally before a key can be pressed.

Ditto for Vobris tools.

Infinty Sound Converter? - Error code 13 MISMATCH :p

Audacity? - Cannot open file

32 ( ! ) "File conversion/decompression programs from download.com? Don't do a thing...

Look, I AM sorry to ask, and I knew all this once. Can someone explain to me how to hook in ISC properly or give me a hint on how to open the black DOS boxes?

At one time I had - whatnot, a program called SMARTWAVC - on my comp and it converted it, and ISC worked and in the end I could edit with windows media recorder. Now I cannot remember how.

Compressed waveform sound??? Okay, now to UNcompress it and get it so it can be played/edited. :)

(On a BRIGHTER note, I am now getting REALLY good at Areas!!! )

Minotaur - with apologies - needing info/link

NEVER Underestimate OCTOBER - Just because she's lost doesn't mean she's no good! (NPC in the works Plug!)

Feel the authority of my horns

If you put ACM2WAV in the same directory as NI, it should automatically convert the files when you export them. Failing that, run ACM2WAV through Command Prompt; this should be located in Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. Type HELP and press <ENTER> if you don't know any DOS commands :p.

EDIT: oops, didn't read through your post properly. ACM is actually a different filetype than WAVC, so ACM2WAV isn't going to work on WAVC format files. The last "official" release of Near Infinity can't convert WAVC files, but the beta version can - select the file you want to convert, and click the "Export & Convert" button.

Archived