Having Spawn Points work properly?

Iciclia

Ok to be succint as possible as I tend to be long winded sometimes, is there a manual/tutorial or something that explains the implementation of spawn points and how they work in modding tools such as DLTCEP and IETME? I've tried to get spawn points to work as I needed them for my mod through trial and error, but they don't even function properly.

Which leads me to questions I have about 2 things bugging me right now:

1. In DLTCEP, in the Spawns tab of an Area, what does the "Difficulty" field supposed to do?

2. Also the "Frequency" field, what does it control?

Thanks in advance for your help

You should note that in DLTCEP the field are labelled "Difficulty?" and "Frequency?" - the ? meaning that no-one's actually sure what those fields do, or how they work.

The current best guess at the "Frequency?" field can be seen at:

http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/ieformats/ar...mAREAV1_0_Spawn

As for "Difficulty?" - presumably it somehow relates to the difficulty of the spawns... if you find anything out, be sure to let us know! :p

You should note that in DLTCEP the field are labelled "Difficulty?" and "Frequency?" - the ? meaning that no-one's actually sure what those fields do, or how they work.

Good point. Sorry for leaving that bit out. About "Frequency?" then, I've tried to understand it and try to apply what I'm trying to do to the mix of things, but honestly I don't get it at all. Although I understand the part about the level of the players, I don't quite get the math of it all.

For example from the link you gave me:

Base creature number to spawn. The actual number to spawn is given by:

(Frequency * Player Level) / Creature Power.

With results rounded down.

How does this work exactly? And about "Creature Power" can you set this in the creature's properties?

Thanks again

The formula for calculating the number of creatures to spawn is (Spawn Frequency * PartyLevel * NumInParty) / Creature Power. Creature power is determined by the XP set in the creature's file, but I don't know what the exact formula is.

Credit where credit is due department: this is from japheth's post in the Tutu workroom re: spawn points, and I believe most of this research was done by Echon.

Archived