Lemernis

In BG1 Tutu, I'd like to change a sorcerer's avatar to that of a thief's, so that his appearance will be hooded.

I have the Tutu Tweak Pack installed, and I selected the Avatar Morphing Script and Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Leather Armor options. I did not select Remove Helmet Animations, if that matters here.

I tried changing the avatar to Thief Male Human via Shadowkeeper but the character shows up with an unhooded Fighter avatar.

Is there something I'm overlooking or have done wrong?

I'm also using On Pixel Produtions paperdoll and item graphics fix, but I wouldn't think that should affect something like this.

Thanking you in advance. :p

I could well be wrong here, but I believe with the 'Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Leather' component will constantly be changing your avatar dependent on what he's wearing for armor. I ususally don't install those components for Tutu or BG2. However, you can set your character's script to the Avatar Morphing Script and then hit 'S' with your character selected, which will let you choose whatever you'd like him to look like. Once your avatar is set, you can change the script back to a combat script or whatever you were previously using.

Hope this helps a bit!

Just a quick follow up here. I was finally successful in my effort to convert the Sorcerer avatar to that of a hooded Thief.

I did a complete reinstall of both games and Tutu (for an unrelated reason), and now the Avatar Morphing Script works. I selected all options in both Tutufix and Tutu Tweaks that would support an unarmored hooded thief avatar. IIRC there was an option in one of those (was it Tutufix?) that alluded to allowing bards to be hooded as in BG1. I selected that, if that matters.

But anyway, prior to the reinstall the Avatar Morphing Script wasn't letting me do this. I.e., when I selected Thief, it changed the avatar to that of a Fighter.

But anyway, prior to the reinstall the Avatar Morphing Script wasn't letting me do this.  I.e., when I selected Thief, it changed the avatar to that of a Fighter.

Are you sure it was a fighter, and not just an unarmoured thief? In BG2, all unarmoured characters except mages look alike. With the hooded-unarmoured-avatars component, that changes so that all unarmoured non-mages look like thieves with leather armour. The fact that you're using a robe makes it look like they're unarmoured.

Are you sure it was a fighter, and not just an unarmoured thief?  In BG2, all unarmoured characters except mages look alike.  With the hooded-unarmoured-avatars component, that changes so that all unarmoured non-mages look like thieves with leather armour.  The fact that you're using a robe makes it look like they're unarmoured.

That must have been it then, an unarmored thief. It reminded me of the unarmored BG1 cleric, much like a tunic wearing avatar with shoulder pads.

Archived