Drow v. Drow

icelus

Yes, so I realize that the word "drow" is pronounced as rhyming with "cow."

But, before I looked into the "canon" way to pronounce the word, am I the only one who felt that it should be pronounced as rhyming with "mow?"

There will be no bloody poll. :p

I agree, Icelus. I always used to think of the word with a long 'o' sound - in fact, that was the way we pronounced it in my earliest PNP groups. Twas only later that I learned the error of my ways, but I still *think* of it with a long 'o,' even if it is wrong. I do manage to say it properly when I'm doing voicing, though!

I, too, have always thought of it as rhyming with cow. However, my daughter, many years ago, informed me that it's pronounced to rhyme with know. When I finally told her I was right, she just shrugged. :p

Guest Doomer The Shadly One
The proper way is rhyming with cow.

Even though I always thought it rhymed with know. You gotta love the total inconsitency of English as a language, don't you? :D

I do believe Drow is rhyming with Crow. Same letters, same color, same behavior, almost same word...Yup me I'm sure it should be said like Crow and not like Cow. Draauuwww or Drow ? I vote for Drow...

Yes, so I realize that the word "drow" is pronounced as rhyming with "cow."

But, before I looked into the "canon" way to pronounce the word, am I the only one who felt that it should be pronounced as rhyming with "mow?" 

There will be no bloody poll.  :D

Archived