Bug Reports for version 11

Domi

Catseye: But I assume that your HC is not a thief like in Alu_Fiend's case and that the romance didn't end for you, so I'm afraid it's still there (and I know how to fix it, so for the next version it will be gone). Thank you for reporting, though!

That is true, mine is a fighter. Sorry about that, I guess I should have read up a little bit before replying. :O

Guest Guest

hi,

I've looked through all post but didn't find this one yet.

in coran's fw quest natan won't show up in the ruins (at least if you've been there before). I've played this quest only once, yet but in my current game I'm just about to try it again. this time I've not been in the ruins before. I'll see if the problem still occurs.

and I've tried the female challenges yesterday, with coran and ajantis. the dragon-rescue and the courting gift worked fine but when I wanted them to fight or entertain me I got a ctd while the new area was loaded. tried it several times always with the same result.

Please, confirm if you are running TUTU version of the mod. I have not seen it reported before, and the CTD is especially disconcerting, since the challenges was the single most tested component me thinks.

If it's TUTU:

As far as I know a CTD when trying to enter a new area means that it did not get copied over. Please, check if you have X#CH11.ARE file in your override and we can go from there. :down:

At a guess, Natan's not showing up in the Firewine is probably due to you entering Firewine prior to installing the mod, rather than prior to initiating the quest because this is a usual problem when the script is assigned to an area that did not have the script before. But I will copy over Natan's summoning script into Coran's script for the next version, that will ensure that Natan will be there.

Cheers, and hopefully it will work out this time.

Guest feanna

(the guest above was me)

as for your question, I'm running the bgt-version, not the tutu one. I can still look for the file, of course.

and i've tried corans FW quest again by now. natan still didn't show up without using the console. and I don't think the problem is entering firewine ruins before installing the mod (at least in my case) since I had it installed right from the beginning. I've also searched the bgt-forums at spellhold studios but nobody else seems to have this problem.

my guess would be an incompatibility with indira, though she should be compatible. but it's the only other mod I'm using which changes something in the FW ruins.

You will need to ask for help at BGT forums then. We did not put it together and cannot troubleshoot it. BGT users reported creatures not spawning in Jaheira's quest as well. Both work fine in TUTU version to the best of my knowledge. My guess is that the Areal scripts are not asigned correctly in BGT version or something like that.

You will need to ask for help at BGT forums then. We did not put it together and cannot troubleshoot it. BGT users reported creatures not spawning in Jaheira's quest as well. Both work fine in TUTU version to the best of my knowledge. My guess is that the Areal scripts are not asigned correctly in BGT version or something like that.

The script works fine in BGT also. Domi, I think you hit it right with the issue of entering an area before the area script was added.

Since BG1NPC was installed during the game build, I have to assume that perhaps the global trigger to run this part of the script wasn't set correctly. What should the global be at to prior to entering Firewine?

Also, besides the script for Imoen's dialog, I only see one more:

BG1NPC/Phase2/BAF/P#CQ4500.baf

This looks like it is Coran's romance script for this area. I don't see a block of code here for spawning "Natan". Where should I look for this?

X#FW5201 The area for the firewine ruins themselves, not the surface is AR5201 in the original game and FW5201 in TUTU. All our areal scripts are labled as per area they are assigned to. You can use Dudley's wonderful walkthrough to find out what the area number is and then find the corresponding script.

As long as "X#CoranSuccubus" is greater than 0, Natan should appear in the ruins. The script is there and is just a copy of the TUTU script. So I didn't introduce any new typos into it. I can't think of any other BGT mods that modify this area besides Indira and that mod "should" be appending the area script instead of overwriting it.

Guest DalreiDal

Hello again. There was a glitch or some misunderstanding on my part. In Nashkel (chap 2), when I get the first dream (Gorion's shade and the dark path in the woods), the next morning Ajantis says I don't seem to have had a restful night, and in my answering options, the only dream description I have is of a statue of me underground. This seems to be another dream I didn't have yet.

So... is it just me who missed the statue in the dream, or :down: I'm running only this mod and on Tutu (fix-packed).

If you are running fixpack, I assume that you use V4? If so, I'll ask Jastey to check it, the Chapter number might be wrong. There was a really cool webpage that had the text of every dream and the screenshot for it, but I can't find it immediately. :down:

That definitely sounds like a wrong chapter / dream number. I would be grateful for a link like that in this case, Domi, and what exactly was the thing with Tutu and the chapter names? I thought I used the same scripting as was used for Imoen's dream talks, so..?

Guest DalreiDal

Ok, here is a new one (in fact, possibly two):

When I have a LT with Ajantis, just after it ends, if I click-talk on him, I have the same text again, and so the same LT is repeated. I got two engagement rings this way. :devil: Alright, if I wait for the end of round, and he shifts from posture "selected" to "at ease", then I won't get the text for the LT, but his usual pc-initiated dialog text. Dunno if it's supposed to be this way, but told you anyway :-) (btw, I know I'm not supposed to do this, and reloaded when it happened by mistake)

2nd: After this LT when Ajantis proposes to my char, Minsc's inventory was empty. But I mean, selectively empty; the "backpack" was empty, and his sword (equipped weapon) had disappeared. The rest was there. I don't know if it's tutu's fault or the mod or just plainly the game (strangest things have happened in my BG2 game...), but since it happened at the same time, I thought I'd tell you.

Btw, I'm really having fun this far. Shy nice little Ajantis is rather cute :down:

Archived