Bug Reports for version 11

Domi

Thank you for the link, Domi.

When I have a LT with Ajantis, just after it ends, if I click-talk on him, I have the same text again, and so the same LT is repeated.

We-ell the way it is coded that could happen, yes, and the problem is the mixture of the original BioWare way of incrementing the variable and using the click-talk dialogue file for the LTs. Hm, That's a very good hint you gave there for people modding romances and coding it the way I did. For you as a player I would suggest not to be so impatient ;) meaning you have to wait a small instant before click-talking Ajantis after a LT, and sorry for this inconvenience :devil:

As to Minsc's inventory: I am sure I didn't do anything to him in the whole Ajantis romance. Are you sure the inventory disappeared while the LT was firing, or maybe it's a coincidence you noticed it after the Ajantis LT? :down:

Btw, I'm really having fun this far.  Shy nice little Ajantis is rather cute :down:
Thank you. :)
Guest DalreiDal

Lol. As I said, I know I'm not supposed to do it, and I don't do it anymore (it happened once, by mistake). It's no real inconvenience, I just thought I'd signal it in case you didn't know it was possible :down:

As for Minsc, well, yes it could be a coincidence, as I also had changed area between last check of his inv, Ajantis' LT, and re-checking inv. Sorry to have bugged you for nothing.

In my game, Dynaheir interjected in Shandalar's dialogue when I first met him in Ulgoth's Beard, saying something about a "blood debt" we had to pay for killing his daughters.

Thing is, I never killed his daughters but completed the quest through stealth. Shandalar's dialogue reflected this, but Dynaheir was acting as if Shandalar was forcibly sending us on the quest.

Guest musekissing

When I enter the area between friendly arm and Beregost Kagain initiates a dialogue on which but his force talk options appear. When I end the dialogue it repeats and repeats and repeats.

I have BGT and have also the BGT Tweak pack v1 installed which does something about the caravan quest. Perhaps it crosses with the Kagain content?

The same (force talk options appearing inappropiately and repeating) happens with a banter of Kivan. The banter before was the rest-banter "Good night my beloved Deheriana" and it showed up without problems.

Also Dynaheir has no force talk content. When I talk to her she says the same as she should if she leaves the group and also does so.

You will need to report these bugs and ask for help at BGT forums from the good BGT folk who converted the mod. We did not put together, tested or run the BGT version of the mod, and hence cannot troubleshoot it.

Finally finished my game and the Dynaheir romance. Very well written, interesting content too, though I still don't really like Dynaheir. No fault of the module writer, she just takes things way too seriously. And I always have to restrain myself from killing her when she mangles grammar in her selection sounds... "thy called" indeed. AARGH! I was very glad this was done correctly in the NPC project dialogues. (otherwise she wouldn't have lasted long in my party...)

Anyway... the point to all this is, of course, bugs.

LT 26 showed up after the final dream rather than when entering Undercity, as the romance guide indicated. This made far more sense in the context, so I suspect the romance guide is mistaken.

No LT showed up at entering undercity, though that may be a consequence of the first.

LT 27 never showed up. After killing Sarevok the game simply ended as usual.

p.s.: Domi, you obviously don't play thieves enough. ;) Using force to steal something is so... crude. The Skyship quest is meant to be solved through stealth, as the guildmaster whatshisname complains if you killed people in the mansion.

LT 27 never showed up. After killing Sarevok the game simply ended as usual.

Oh, weird, that's something we tested and tested and tested again. Not sure what to say here. As for 26, I will check the condition, you might be right, I don't remember.

I never play thieves. There are way too many available in the game. ;)

Actually if you were playing a bard there are additional options to tease Dynaheir about her being too serious, making up littl' songs about it etc. ;) But yes, one of the reasons why I keep eyeing Alora wistfully is to dilute the very serious female romances available right now. While Shar-Teel's has a whicked sense of humor in it, it's not exactly light, and both Branwen and Dynaheir are grave.

An alora romance would certainly be... different. Though I'm not sure I could stand that either, after a few minutes listening to "hey there hi there" I want to strangle her too for being (to quote valygar) a chipmunk on a sugar-high. Call me picky.

Anyway, come to think of it Dynaheir was knocked unconscious from one of the stinking cloud spells at the time... hmm. Perhaps that could have interfered?

Could be, yes. It probably checks for her not being uncapacitated.

As for an ideal romance.... Well, it depends on the character match. Different things irritate different people. All we could do is provide choices in the available pool of characters and try to make different romances that will correlate well with the character's personality and backstory. ;)

Guest DalreiDal

Now... I'm almost sure the banter between Ajantis and Dynahéir about Rashement being viruous to hold off Thay had played 3 times (sure for 2 times... not sure for the 3rd time - you know, it get confusing when you re-load a lot). I don't know if banters are supposed to repeat themselves..... but 3 times???

Beside the bugs already mentioned in this thread (Coran/Shoal-interjection, not receiving the golden pantaloons,...) I encountered three other problems:

1. After Edwin's interjection during the dialogue with the two goons (Gnarl and Hairtooth) at the bridge near the Gnoll Stroghold, Edwin's player-initiated dialogues don't work properly anymore. Tested it several times, so that I'm pretty sure that this specific dialogue (fooling the ogres by letting them count) is the root of the problem.

2. During the dialogue with Silke in Beregost Shar-Teel's text ("I dont care a fig...") appears only for about two seconds in the text window, but doesn't pause the game, so that the cut scene with the three "thugs" (Faltis, Glayde, Tessilan) starts. Since the text window didn't appear again, I had to restart. But immediate clicking on "End Dialogue" before their appearance by-passes the problem.

3. When Yeslick leaves the Cloakwood Mines before killing Davaeorn and flooding it, he complains for the first time. Some days later he starts a second complaint that the party should clear the mines. Since I was curious if we would leave, I waited some more days. But instead of an angry monologue his player-initiated dialogue-menu pops up. Ending the dialogue results in Yeslick's infinite attempts to start the conversation again and again with the same result.

By the way, I'm using BG1 NPC Project with TUTU. Don't know if it matters.

The first one was reported already, it is relatively easy to fix in your game:

Set "X#EdwinHairtooth","GLOBAL" to 2

The other 2 I have not seen yet, so I am putting them on the do list.

Thank you for reporting!

Guest Guest_Sha_*
I've just got to Area: FW1700 and have encountered the Shadowdruids surrounding Baedor (Location X603, Y3598).

The game crashes to the desktop (the usual windows BG2 has encountered an error and needs to close,  etc message) as soon as any of them start to cast a spell.

It definatly seems to be a problem with them casting a spell.

I can Ctrl-y the druids but obviously this only results in Baedor initiating his dialogue with Jaheira. He mentions a Tree House where Maretha is being held (I take it thats the Archdruid Amarande's house?) but going there just causes the usual fight with Jaheira. So does this mean the quest is broken? does anyone else have this problem?.

It seems that Jaheira has to be near to initiate the dialogue with Baedor (the captive Druid) just having your protagonist there does'nt do it.

She also initiates the dialogue with the Shadow Druid's (or Druid of Cloakwood as they are named under the tool-tip).

So I think that by Ctrl-Y'ing them I don't get that second dialogue and when I approach the prone Baedor "he has nothing to say to me". I'm just assuming that if he did survive he would have something to say.

The game crashing when a druid casts spell sounds like a compatibility problem with one of the mods you have installed.

Maretha should be inside the Tree Fort, on the first floor; the whole encounter is driven by dialogues, so, I am guessing that the problems you are having with Ctrl+Y guys and stuff makes it impossible for the variables to set, so the quest breaks. If you kill the whole of the druids, including Beador, try to see if Jaheira would initiate a dialogue (Damn you, Beador, or something like that) and then got to the Tree Fort, and see if a bunch of new nasty druids would spawn by the fort. Upon killing them, you will find Maretha inside.

I've tried to ctrl+y the Druids and then initiate the conversation but it still crashes. Then I initiated the conversation and paused and ctrl+y'd the Druids and still got the same crash.

So then I went into TUTU Tweak pack and uninstalled the IWD casting graphics and restarted from my save. That didn't help. I'm not using all of the tweaks. Just a few enhancers and those geared to pnp.

I killed the Archdruid first and Maretha wasn't there. Do I have to do the Beador part first to get her to show up? Could this be why the quest breaks?

Has anyone any idea how to resolve this issue?

I have TUTU (with standard fix and sound packs) installed and besides this mod I have Tweaks, Finch, Indira, Sirene's Call, and Song & Silence.

Archived