Bug Reports for version 11

Domi

Yes, you have to do Beador's part for Maretha to appear in the treehouse. I do not know why the quest crashes. Since the encounter is with Druids, I don't see how Finch, Indira, Sirene's Call or Song and Silence would interfere. Try to uninstall the whole of the tweak pack and see if that helps to avoid the crash. If it does, I would like to know what you had installed to ensure the compatibility. If it does not, I do not know what does cause the crash, and will require your saved game to try to figure it out.

Domi,

We are seeing issues with Jaheira's quest. Mareth doesn't appear in the tree house. I think this is related to the conditions you set for X#JaheiraSen being either 20 or 22. When I look through the dialog with Andarthe (a druid guarding the tree house) he always increments this global up to 25 or even higher. I don't have a Tutu game running right now but this is not something I would mess with for porting to BGT, so I assume it is in the v11 area script for the tree house. I changed mine to check for greater than 19 and that seems to fix everything. Now I have to see why talking to Mareth didn't increase the global to 29. Mine is still at 27 even after her leaving the house.

I think I had it in Jaheira's script, checking for GT, but I can't say off hand. It is something we will need to rerun once again. I hope to see one of the saved games with the crashes as well.

iirc it's the whole quest XP and they are different depending on if you talked Jaheira out of the murder or not. I don't remeber off hand. But yes, they should not be higher than Davaeorn.

Experience for quests is one thing, but this was for killing Andarthe himself. I know, because he was listed as "toughest creature killed" for my character all game. (even Sarevok is only worth 9800 XP! Only the Demonknight and perhaps whatshisname the Tanarri are worth more than this two-bit archdruid.)

I don't recall if experience is also rewarded for rescueing Mareth, I thought it was. If not, it would be a cosmetic improvement if some of Andarthe's XP was taken away and awarded instead at the time of the actual rescue.

By the way, I also tested the final battle again, this time ensuring Dynaheir didn't fall unconscious. Still no conversation appeared.

Oh, I will fix that. That is surely muy high.

Puzzled and confused about Dynaheir. Your romance is active, yes (it's either X#DynaRomanceInactive or X#DynaheirRomanceInactive not equal 1)? I'd ask you to send me the save, but I am afraid I won't be able to get to it before I leave and it might get lost while am away. Could you give me a shout early in May perhaps?

There's no DynaheirRomanceInactive variable or DynaRomanceinactive variable in my game. DynaheirRomanceActive is set to 2. Is that correct?

I'll run another test using a slightly older savegame, see if anything happens.

I'll send the game in may if I remember to.

Edit: third test remains a negative. Nobody was unconscious, invisible, or otherwise impaired. No dialogue.

Checking the romance dialogue files proved interesting, though. Firstly, there's a couple of mistakes in the final banter, the one regarding Tamoko.

-twice meaden heap is used, should be "midden heap". Meaden heap doesn't mean anything. LT 6.1 and 6.3 in the X#Dyro.d file.

- Once, complementing is used where it should be complimenting, dialogue 6.6 in the same file. (I'm pretty anal about such things, I know. And English isn't even my native language. Interesting side note: BG2 dialogue has this mix-up the other way around when encountering Baron Ployer for the first time.)

- In talk 6.1 the referers seem to be wrong. Response 2 (I think, starts with "I beg your pardon, my lady) refers to the followup dialogue for response 3. (The one for "you flatter me"). Response 3 refers to followup 4. (The one for "Women are so naive") Response 4 works correctly.

The referers are correct in dialogue 6.3, which deals with the same responses for the most part.

None of this has been tested in-game. I don't know how these files work, if they're merely for translation purposes or something there may not be a bug in-game. But the X#Dyro.d file has these mistakes in it.

And finally... I've now read the dialogue that was supposed to appear, and I'm shocked... and a bit upset I missed it. Man, that'd have been great to have in the game.

DynaheirRomanceActive is set to 2

Yes, that's correct.

Thank you. I actually have another full proof-read by Princeps (that would be probably the fourth full round) waiting to be implemented... in May (why do I have a vision of me spending my summer in doors?). I don't know if he picked up on the meaden heap/complementing. Those are tough buggers to spot and could be actually contributed by the 'helpful' spellchecker in Word ( about the evils of the spellchecks: http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog...ves/002899.html )

Ran into some more minor issues yesterday:

1. During the dialogue with Hafiz, the gnome who approaches you in the Gibberling Mountains (AR5500), Dynaheir's interjection "Thank thee for the gift, astrologer, ..." comes too early. She thanks him for a gift which hasn't been given yet and which never comes if the player decides to attack or reject the offer. It should appear after the friendly non-psycho dialogue option was chosen.

2. The Eye of the Storm, the club Jaheira receives as reward for her personal quest, doesn't seem to provide the 25%-electrical resistance which is mentioned in the description.

3. Don't know if it was intended this way, but when Immanel (the bounty hunter waiting for Kivan near the city gate) or one of the wolf pack are attacked, the others don't turn hostile. When Kivan isn't in the party, that is. So, without him to trigger the dialogue, you can just slaughter them one by one.

Those are not BG1NPC specific problems, but BG1vanialla (Viconia) and TUTU ones (Alora's BG1 script activating/deactivating). Viconia's can be fixed by sleeping the party. Alora's by tweaking her in-game script. I will be inserting a patch in Alora's script for BG1NPC V13 (since TUTU fix-packs are sort of frozen in time atm).

Yes, you have to do Beador's part for Maretha to appear in the treehouse. I do not know why the quest crashes. Since the encounter is with Druids, I don't see how Finch, Indira, Sirene's Call or Song and Silence would interfere. Try to uninstall the whole of the tweak pack and see if that helps to avoid the crash. If it does, I would like to know what you had installed to ensure the compatibility. If it does not, I do not know what does cause the crash, and will require your saved game to try to figure it out.

I did take it out and it's still the same (and oh! how i miss the extras).

What I will do is start a new game with a new character and try it. If this doesn't work I will send you that saved game in May.

Thanks for all you do though. You help make the game so much more immersive.

;)

Thank you. I don't think it is the characters; it sounds like it is something connected with the quest itself/spells the druids cast. When you send me your saved game, will you be able to list your install? No ToB for example could be something that affects it.

Archived