Proficiency Points at Character Creation

ronin69hof

You can add a .SPL file to the kits CLAB that will set the proficiency points to what ever you want. Just add it as an applied ability at level one. I believe the opcode you want is 233. You can use NI or DLTCEP to create your .SPL file to do this. Please note with this opcode you can only SET the proficiency points you can not add them. I believe that for Rangers the 2 points to start in dual-wielding is hardcoded.

[Edited typo]

Also please note the these points will not show up on the proficiency selection screen when the character is created (like the ranger's **s do). They will be set after that, so a player could easily waste *s at charater creation by mistake.

Really? There must be something in the spell that determines whether the *s appear in character creation. Everytime I've tried they haven't shown up. As for the second point, this is best avoided (imo) by granting a number of *s equal to the maximum available for the kit.,

@ Idobek - That's odd, based on past experience it should be working for everyone BUT me then. When I did it I put 1 point each in single and 2-weapon styles at level one. If you want I can send you my .SPL file when I get home tonight to see if I did something different. I did think about maxing out one of the weapon styles and dropping the other but it just felt too unbalanced, especially in the beginning.

Archived