Siiiiiiigh.

RavenBlack

Even though I'll actually never be able to install this (BG refuses to Full Install on my comp, for some reason, so I can't use Tutu), I'm really enjoying just reading the dialog.

Makes me wish someone was working on Xan/Ajantis romance add-ons for BG2.

:p

EDIT: Coran's romance had me crying my eyes out last night as I read the end. The whole thing is so purely sensual...and to have it end like that tore at my heartstrings. (BG2's turned me into such an empath...)

I had to get all those channelled emotions out somehow, so I resorted to my standard outlet: pulled up a Wordpad and went to town. The tentative result (I'm probably going to write more) is up over at fanfiction.net's BG section, called In Moonlit Reverie. (I also posted it at fictionpress.com, because, despite the origins, it's still an original work of mine, and I like to keep my original poetry easy to find)

As for the full install, you are not alone. My first TUTU installation took hours and countless times of pressing "search" button on PPG, since "What a full install looks like" proved to be one of the most useless topics in this matter. But you can make it!

Try to do this:

Select Custom Install and choose all options.

Copy all data from your CD's to your BG directory.

In your baldur.ini file, change the paths for the discs to

HD0:=C:\Games\Baldur's Gate\

CD1:=C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\

CD2:=C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\

CD3:=C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\

CD4:=C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\

CD5:=C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\

CD6:=C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\ (If you have TOTSC)

(not exactly these paths, obviously, since your paths might be different)

To "fake" full install, also do this:

[Program Options]

Install Type=3

Do not install TUTU version 6; it is beta. Install version 4.

When installing TUTU, be *very* careful with the path names. If the directory is "GAMES", type "GAMES". Not "Games" or "games" or anything. And so on.

Follow the instructions here to the letter:

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...d=143&Itemid=98

And don't forget TUTUFIX!

Turn off Movies.

[Program Options]

Disable Movies=1

Yeah, it is inconvenient, but with movies, the game will crash and crash. Or add them to bg1tutu/movies directory.

Off-hand, that is all I can think of. Oh, and copy sw1h24.itm from tutufix/backup to your override directory.

Aww, just saw your edit - it's always nice to hear that our work inspires peolple. Bri runs a nice Fan-Fiction section here at G3 as well :) I agree with Kulyok, it's a nice poem and works well with other lovers. I hope your installation will sort itself out, because TUTU is a whole new game, and playing beats browsing D-files hands down :p

These three guys in particular got the shaft when it came to BG2. Coran either dies or ends up a drunk, if you do manage to save his rear (Can't help but feel sorry for the poor guy, Safana manipulated him); Ajantis is supposed to die as well (one of the knights in the first Windspear fiasco, but the dialog doesn't show up in-game, thank God); and Xan's pretty much nowhere to be found (but that moonblade of his is still in the items!).

I wish BG2 allowed multi-installs from the getgo. I don't wanna give that up, but I wanna play TUTU...:p

Well, his cousin already died in IWD1, it would have been very cruel from Bio to pick on that poor family yet again :p Plus, I guess, because he expects his death every moment it's not so dramatic as with Coran, who seems to be the one who'd live forever or Ajantis, whose goal is to charge evil and die gloriously.... Instead he is slain by mistake. Ah, BioWARE loves subtle ironies.

Well, his cousin already died in IWD1, it would have been very cruel from Bio to pick on that poor family yet again :p Plus, I guess, because he expects his death every moment it's not so dramatic as with Coran, who seems to be the one who'd live forever or Ajantis, whose goal is to charge evil and die gloriously.... Instead he is slain by mistake. Ah, BioWARE loves subtle ironies.

And romantic Elven priestesses. I wouldn't have put it past BioWARE to torment him further. After all, they did kill Khalid (and made Jaheira a romance option...creepy!).

Anyways, figured I'd put this link here, because fanfiction.net's being slow. I did say I'd probably end up writing more, didn't I? :)

Caught In Your Way

Actually, Gaider posted just a few days ago, explaining their obsession with the priestesses:

from here: http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?t...forum=84&sp=120

Gee. That's rather BG2-centric of you.

Incidentally, the reason that the love interests in BG2 were all clerics was simple: we were working the odds. You couldn't know when you start the game which characters can become love interests, and you probably need at least one cleric in your party -- so chances are you'd have at least one available love interest if you were male.

At any rate, easily accomodated in DA. There's no elven female love interest and we have no cleric class. So there you go.

But making EVERY vanilla BG2 love interest a cleric of some sort? Kinda asinine. Thankfully there are mods to relieve that. :p

EDIT: On the TUTU front: TUTU works properly, but TUTUfix won't install (error with the Core Bugfixes). It's driving me batty, I wanna play! :)

If it happens only in the certain areas (Gnoll Stronghold, Cloakwood Forest 2 through 5, Wyrm's Crossing) this is a well documented problem :

The slow downs are not due to corrupt files, they are connected to your processing rate. TUTU is not optimized software, so it performs worst than both BG and BG2.

The areas affected are all or some of:

-Gnoll Stronghold

-All Cloakwood Forest Maps

-Wyrm's Crossing

(usually the ones that have large and complex animations, like a lot of running water)

I find that the only way I can solve the problem is by artificially dumbing down my computer in the options (I tell the game that my machine is below minimal requirements) and it turns off all the complex spell animations, shadows, graphics, sounds etc; the game looks ugly, but it runs smoothly. Once I am past the 'troubled' areas I restore the defaults. If I am too lazy to do that, I just do ExploreArea() and Ctrl+J my party around instead of painstackingly looking at them trying to walk.

Hope that helps

Archived