So, which one?

Domi

Which Romance (if any) proved to be 'yours'?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is GREAT thanks you guys.I have played through Corans and am now playing through with Xans.I absoloutly loved it when Coran was punched in the face by Duryle.

Awe..Is there any way to make either Xans or Corans a contiuation of BG1 to BG2...

I think it would be Fantastic if there was(Payback for Coran)And Xan is a sweet heart,He definatly should be allowed to Continue his romance with Char name its so sad and sweet.I don`t have much money but I loved it so much I would be willing to pay someone to continue this...PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP. :D

Oh well THANKS GUYS back to XAN.sigh

Edited by Zanari

Glad you like it. :D

To the best of my knowledge both Ajantis' and Xan's romances will be continued into BG2 by the respective authors.

In my case though, I think that Kivan-SoA is going to be my last mod for BG2. Coran is a great character, and fun to write for, and I have no Mary-Sue problem with him, but Kivan is my 'un' true luv'

Edited by Domi

That is good news,no wait, thats Fantastic News....I think that one of the reasons that Coran appealed to me so much is that..In RL I like guys who know what they want and arent afraid to go after it......But Xans is really sweet as I have said before.....And love the idea that he will be carried over to BG2. I really dont have much of an opinion on Ajantis(romance)yet because I havent played through it yet.Although he was one of my favorite Characters when I had played BG1 the first time........

As for Kivan I will not play with him until he is finished because HE IS MY Favorite NPC and I dont want to miss out on anything........

Thankyou Domi for Kivan and NPC project.

I think your great and I have a lot of Respect for you and all the Other Modders...

K I am going to stop now because I babble when I get excited about things.

SO how come your not going to Mod for BG2 anymore?Are you burnt out on it.....

I can understand if you are,I am sure it can get tedious at times....

I for one will be sad to not see any more of your BG2 Mods:argh:

I hope you are not quitting all together that would be a real shame....

Whatever your plans, best of luck to you. :D

Glad you like it. :D

To the best of my knowledge both Ajantis' and Xan's romances will be continued into BG2 by the respective authors.

Oh, I think hearing that just made my day! I would so much love to play continuations... especially as it would be different than other ToB romances where the romance starts from the beginning. :D

I've never played through with Kivan in my party, and I think I will have to now! There is just... so much beautiful work in these mods, it's awesome. And here I thought I was tired of playing BG. :D

I'd like to see a small interaction with Coran at chapter 6 of SOA. Just for... well... it's all logical and obvious when his romance was killed/not started at all/he never asked CHARNAME to be with him for ever and ever, but when he does, asks her to settle down with him, to have children, and then disappears, it is a little strange. I tried to think up an explanation for myself (he changed his mind, for example), but he sounded so sincere in BG1 NPC... it just doesn't seem to fit.

Thanks, Zanari, for the good wishes :D

Kivan's romance, thanks to Kulyok's good and timely idea, will be played in BG2 both as a continuation of BG1 relationship, but with a possible recap of the BG1 talks, if a PC not familiar with BG1 material wishes to initiate them from PID's. In any case the thing is going to be rather huge and mainly consists of friendship talks with the additional branches for an interested female player + some 'romance only' talks.

I'd like to see a small interaction with Coran at chapter 6 of SOA. Just for... well... it's all logical and obvious when his romance was killed/not started at all/he never asked CHARNAME to be with him for ever and ever, but when he does, asks her to settle down with him, to have children, and then disappears, it is a little strange. I tried to think up an explanation for myself (he changed his mind, for example), but he sounded so sincere in BG1 NPC... it just doesn't seem to fit.

When I did want to do Coran-BG2, I thought along the lines of she left him, so he retaliated by getting back with Safana. I tried this in a fanfic, but this works for a very limited amount of PCs. So, then, I thought that I would give PC a choice of who left whom and why in the initiation dialogue (they had a lover's quarell and PC left the town whith her companions to have him to think over his behaivoir and then dissappeared w/o a trace and he took it as a rejection; they never had the commited relationship in BG1; they were trying each-other out in the elven way by parting etc). This would have affected the paths of the romance and Coran's alignment. I would again have branched it, the way I did in BG1.

Again, the problem is we cannot carry over the GLOBALS, since the TUTU guys or anyone for that matter won't do a transition module. Another way was to simply substitutre Coran and Safana cameo for romantic purposes and just have him there, in Irenicus dungeon, with PC.

Edited by Domi

I think we can do without GLOBALS. Here is a way:

In the greeting dialogue, you get a graphic thing, say, a memory. So, you choose one:

(Where you were just companions)

(Where you were lovers)

(Where you never met at all)

Or, in some cases, a memory of

(Where you noticed some attention from his\her side)

- to start a BG2 romance anew, in case someone never played a BG1 one.

I am not writing anything, mind. Not coding anything, either. (Hmm, if I put all I_C_T's into the bottom, does it mean that I can do without APPEND'S at all?)

I think a transition module won't make much sense. A simple example: my protagonist walks out of Candlekeep and kills Imoen. Then Jaheira, and starts adventuring with Kagain and Safana. Kills Dynaheir, kills Minsc, and so on.

But in the beginning of BG2, whatever happens, my protagonist will go mad upon seeing... Imoen!

How, after this level of inconsistency, would you work with Globals? I think it's nothing short of a joke.

Yet, it would be nice to have the Globals transferred to know which talks the PC had seen in BG; it would be nice to have your own party, not the usual dungeon company; Imoen can be always explained away, unless you did slaughter her, by Irenicus finding her on his own. If Imoen was killed, I'd introduce the another-Bhaalspawn-imprisoned-who-was-not-Imoen character, who came to you and your party help. Then saving him/her is sort of a payback. (Shrug) Anyway, I'd prefer this, however lame, to the current 'You have had these 5 along with you...' set up.

Each time that I played through with Coran(I figured out how to get him to love you)Err I think....He has professed his undying love for me...SO I think it would be a great Idea to have him say something to you or have him there...But I have know Idea how or the whys to do it.But I also think that carrying over Ajantis and Xans(my favorite)into BG2 is a wonderful alternative after all you can`t have everything.But I so want to get back at Coran.Make him good and Jealous LOL or not...

I have played BG in the past and BG2.So I always Kill Imoen and Jaheria right off the bat.(Cause after all Ta Da they are in BG2)You can get tired of playing with those two and Jaheria gets on my nerves....

Edited by Zanari