So, which one?

Domi

Which Romance (if any) proved to be 'yours'?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That was me, somehow logged out.

Thank you, too, Kulyok. ;)

How would you mute them? By adding references to a blank audio file?

I'll take the liberty to answer for her, in case she's already turned in. :(

So yes, that's what she uses, references to blank audio files (trust me, I'd know after translating lines and lines of Xan's tra files and seeing so many "[O#XAN000]"). :)

I haven't voted yet, because I have only seen parts of two BG1 NPC Project romances. But I can say with conviction that Dynaheir's will most probably stay my favorite of the romances for a male protagonist. It is one of those stories I always wanted to see, about a character who has always intrigued me, and it is far more interesting than both the original BG2 romances and the two modded ones I have played in BG2. So, to whoever wrote this: very good work! It is actually the first interesting love story I have seen for some time, whether in a book or in a game, and so far there have always been convincing response options for my character. This romance gives both Dynaheir and my character more depth. Great!

I'll wait with my vote until I have seen Xan's romance, which will probably be the only serious contender for my overall favorite. I'd be interested in how things would go with Shar-Teel, but playing evil is neither fun nor rewarding in the BG games, and having to keep my reputation between 6 and 9 just spoils it. I heard there's some sort of reputation manager in the works, so I'll wait until that is out before playing (!) with Shar-Teel.

I always play as an evil-aligned PC, so I naturally chose the Shar-Teel Romance which was quite good. Now, what I'd like is a Faldorn Romance and especially a Safana Romance mod - even better would be the option to have them as joinable NPC characters in BG2 - after all, if ROT can sort of "resurrect" Dynaheir from the dead etc., why not others?

It's like third request for Faldorn's romance in that many days after years of everyone pretty much ignoring her (I mean, there was one historic request for her romance right after XVIII did an alternative portrait, and that was it). I am totally caught of guard with this :thumbsup: While I am not doing BG2 stuff, and it might not be a romance per se, some BG1 stuff might be forethcoming for her but not as part of BG1NPC at a future date. Stay tuned into G3 :) And, lookie, Shar-Teel outscores Coran. A romance with a man-hater works better than a romance with a lady's man. Oh, the ironies!

Edited by Domi

I'm telling you, it was opening Cloakwood early. When you've got to wait until you're almost halfway through the game before you can recruit an NPC, that NPC won't have a spot in an awful lot of parties. Now that Cloakwood is open, Faldorn and Coran are going to have a lot more interest.

Yes, I like this option, as well as moving NPCs' starting locations. Gives more freedom of choice. :thumbsup: It's interesting how something like closed Cloakwood, which was always in the game, was actually quite unnecessary. I am glad more people will see Faldorn, she was a hoot to write.

Edited by Domi

It's like third request for Faldorn's romance in that many days after years of everyone pretty much ignoring her (I mean, there was one historic request for her romance right after XVIII did an alternative portrait, and that was it).

Hey, don't look at me, i am not the one who's goin to create a dozen of flashmobs, bomb ye with letters or storm castle of The Gibberlings Three with army of Faldorn fans.

I'm saint, ookey? (pushing away a catapult with fire ammunition)

Some people prefer Mononoke Hime to Ayanami Rei or Chi.

Wild woman.. Venus in animal furs and so on.

I'd like to quickly comment that I don't see Faldorn as a romanceable character; I think she comments on that in one of the dialogues. For her 'love' does not exist as a concept, it's mating to produce cubs. So, while it would make for a refreshingly short romance to write, I just don't see added interest in it (Faldorn is so evil and mad at you in BG2 because she lost your baby is a novel line, but how many would be interested?). Plus, she's 16 or so yo, which is not quite as bold a statement as Saerileth, but still out of my comfort zone.

Edited by Domi

Well, at least from her chit-chat with Shar'Teel i remember that Faldorn thinks that men have their place in the world and great balance etc., that's all.

And, of course, what women think and what women feel is a different thing.. i don't think that, for example, Viconia had a place for love in her heart until she was saved from fire by our great Baal spawn.

Plus, she's 16 or so yo, which is not quite as bold a statement as Saerileth, but still out of my comfort zone.

Eek.

Well.. i'll keep my opinion on this for myself )

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.