When to speak to Aphril in Spellhold?

My party has just emerged from the Spellhold dungeon, and I was all set to go & speak to Aphril to get the Kivan story going.

BUT........

It seems I can`t speak to her now! By killing the jailor (Lok?), all the asylum prisoners get automatically released, and there`s no opportunity to speak to Aphril before battle with Irenicus starts.

Should I have chatted with Aphril before heading to the dungeon (i.e. during Irenicus` guided tour of the asylum)? If so, then I`m a bit stuck. Luckily, I have a saved game on one of my backup drives, but in that save the party is in the Windspear Hills, so I will have lost a lot of gaming time.

Or is there any other way to initiate the chat with Aphril, after finishing Spellhold dungeon?

:p

My party has just emerged from the Spellhold dungeon, and I was all set to go & speak to Aphril to get the Kivan story going.

BUT........

It seems I can`t speak to her now! By killing the jailor (Lok?), all the asylum prisoners get automatically released, and there`s no opportunity to speak to Aphril before battle with Irenicus starts.

Should I have chatted with Aphril before heading to the dungeon (i.e. during Irenicus` guided tour of the asylum)? If so, then I`m a bit stuck. Luckily, I have a saved game on one of my backup drives, but in that save the party is in the Windspear Hills, so I will have lost a lot of gaming time.

Or is there any other way to initiate the chat with Aphril, after finishing Spellhold dungeon?

If I remember right, the only chances you get to talk to Aphril are either on the guided tour (if you got the wardstone) or just after Lonk releases you from your cells (if you convince the pirate leader to have you committed). After you kill/bribe Lonk, you're automatically 'ported to Irenicus, and he kills the inmates during the battle.

If I remember right, the only chances you get to talk to Aphril are either on the guided tour (if you got the wardstone) or just after Lonk releases you from your cells (if you convince the pirate leader to have you committed). After you kill/bribe Lonk, you're automatically 'ported to Irenicus, and he kills the inmates during the battle.

Thanks for your reply.

Aarrgh! It looks like I`m going to have to go back to my previous save. This is not good news.

Archived