Speaking of Kivan, Khalid....

I would love working on a mod, but I lack the resources/fortitude to do so. All I have are starcraft/jazz jackrabbit 2 maps. I want to work on quake 3 maps, and hope to download the editor today.

If I do manage to make a mod, it would have something that involves ressurecting Khalid. Besides Kivan, Khalid was my favourite npc from BG (even though I haven't even made it up to the Gnoll Stronghold, disk issues).

Maybe she dies, maybe it turns out that Khalid had always yearned for a gentler (or, optionally, even harder) woman. Who knows. :D I have to say that the idea of stealing Khalid from Jaheira has its appeal....

As I recall from the Khalid forum, at the beginning of the game, in Chateau Irenicus, if you want to have Khalid in your party (with or without romancing him) there will be some kind of choice the pc will be forced to make about having Jaheria's life spared or Khalid's. I think it may develop later in the game whether Charname wants to tell Khalid about that choice or not.

As for Kivan, I think his romance will be fun, but I'm waiting for a more complete version to be available. I've played BGII so many times that now I am more selective on which mods to play and how complete they are before I download them. It looks like things for Kivan are moving along, tho!

As I said above, I'm going to wait until Kivan is finished, which I hope will be soon! I haven't played this mod yet, but I just want to say that I hope Kivan doesn't ever make the pc feel as if she is little more than a replacement for his former wife.

Hmmm...maybe I take my game romances too seriously???

As I said above, I'm going to wait until Kivan is finished, which I hope will be soon! I haven't played this mod yet, but I just want to say that I hope Kivan doesn't ever make the pc feel as if she is little more than a replacement for his former wife.

Hmmm...maybe I take my game romances too seriously???

I can't tell you how your PC will feel; I don't know how an individual player would react on what is said and done during the talks. I guess, I can post more screens with the romantic materials, but at this time, I sort of don't want to spoil it any more.

I can only tell that I am doing all I can to make him an interesting companion both in romance and non romance and to allow PC as much freedom as possible in navigating through the relationship.

If you don't feel like talking of Deheriana, you will be free not to initiate the cycle of talks about her; if you feel that the romantic branches take you the way your PC does not want to go, just don't take them - he will still talk and remain on the friendly terms with the PC. Or you can just insult him till he gets fed up and shuts up.

You know, it would be difficult (maybe impossible) but could someone code the game differently so that it is Khalid who survives and not Jaheira? It could all be reversed, the romance with the female PC instead of the male, etc. It would be a lot of work, at any rate, but it would be pretty cool. Sort of a "bizzaro" situation.

Archived