Sayings

Bri

From Heinlein:

'Savage' describes a cultural condition, not a degree of intelligence.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.

Goodness without wisdom always accomplished evil.

I'll give you an exact definition. When the happiness of another person becomes as essential to yourself as your own, then the state of love exists.

To be human : to strive in the face of the certainty of failure.

"give into temptation, for it may not come your way again."

"always budget luxuries first!"

" trying to teach a horse to sing is a waste of time for you, and generally annoys the horse"

"Always try to stack the deck in your favor, and whenever possible, CHEAT!"

from the notebook of lazerous long... :wink.gif

Nice Uriel...

I might have said somthing along the lines of "The stench of evil here is so thick it makes my stomach churn..."

But yeah, need a saying like that...imagine it in the Tanner's shop...

Yeah, I tried to make my line make sense for all the "dungeons" in the game, unlike for some of the NPC's. Aerie's dungeon line, for instance, made sense in a conventional dungeon, but not in the other dungeon areas, like the Planar dungeons and the tanner shop. In al my custom thief soundsets I try to make the dungeon lines universal, as well.

Uriel

Every Christmas and Thanksgiving I go down to my local dungeon and trudge around. I really don't get what Nalia is complaining about.

Arnel's Nalia, dispite all of it's bugs and shortcomings, did fix her dungeon line, changed it to her ToB line for the whole game. Ah well....

Uriel

Every Christmas and Thanksgiving I go down to my local dungeon and trudge around. I really don't get what Nalia is complaining about.

Arnel's Nalia, dispite all of it's bugs and shortcomings, did fix her dungeon line, changed it to her ToB line for the whole game. Ah well....

Uriel

either tactics, i think tactics...or ease of use replaced her most annoying lines, "How are we helping the homeless trudging around here", and "for the needy" were both replaced with blank sound files... :D:D:D:D

urm...love the new smiles!!!

Yay cam!!!

Arnel's Nalia was the first mod I ever downloaded... I think he had some good ideas despite the bugs and typos. I'm eagerly anticipating jcompton's Nalia romance. It must be Tactics that changes her lines, as ease of use is a staple mod for me and she's always had her voicing in my games.  

I like the new smilies, but I definitely need to cull some of them. The smilies box is three times the length of the reply box. :D

Yes...some of the soundsets really are out of place...especially some of Nalia's...

Actually, I think a lot of those lines were pretty melodramatic.

Take Mazzy's line: There is evil in such a place, it seems to have seeped into the very rocks themselves (or something similar).

Seems a bit over the top for d'Arnise Hold, no? :D

Arnel's Nalia was the first mod I ever downloaded... I think he had some good ideas despite the bugs and typos. I'm eagerly anticipating jcompton's Nalia romance. It must be Tactics that changes her lines, as ease of use is a staple mod for me and she's always had her voicing in my games. 

I like the new smilies, but I definitely need to cull some of them. The smilies box is three times the length of the reply box. :D

I completely agree...i still think of the Arnel as an excellent mod, one that has completely withstood the test of time, and still stands as one of the best relationship mods ever...

awww...love all the new smiles...

Everyone: Every smilie is wanted,

Every smilie is good,

Every smilie is needed,

In your neighborhood.

Every smilie is sacred,

Every smilie is great,

If

a smilie is wasted,

God gets quite irate.

:D

Ditto here, that was the very first mod I ever downloaded, as well. At the time I thought it was pretty good, despite all of its problems. The next mod I downloaded was Tashia, and suffice it to say, that was, for a lack of adjectives, *much* better IMO.

As for the smilies, I didn't notice the new ones 'til now, and since I rarely use them, it doesn't affect me, much.

Uriel

Take Mazzy's line: There is evil in such a place, it seems to have seeped into the very rocks themselves (or something similar).>

I love Jaheira's "Nature could find a home here if properly cleansed and balanced" while I'm in Hell.

Archived