Sayings

Bri

I wonder what a werewolf's growl/roar sounds like. I always think of the Uruk-hai in TTT film-the bit where the human kills that first Uruk-hai, and then they all start growling with indignation and then the leader roars/gives the command to charge.

It's early and my brain isn't functoning properly so if that didn't make sense

How about, "If you feel attached to your throat, I suggest you flee now, or you shall find it missing, just before your heart stops beating!" For in battle.

"Isn't it time we stopped for hunting and rest for the next day" For fatigue

"Places like this are unique for their mixture of foul smells." For urban areas

*Growl* For in battle (I know probably the worst so far)

More to come later, when I think of it.

Oh and Hello to everyone, Have never posted in these forums, but have been using G3 for a while now. Hope to be around for longer.

Thanks for the suggestions Fraylor, but I believe we do have the phrases we wish Del to utter done. It is just a matter of getting a voice-speaker, which is dependent on the coding and my writing getting done, etc...

Although most werewolf packs do exist in a state of varying tension...both from internal politics, and stresses from outside.

'All things now held to be old were once new. What today we hold up by example, will rank hereafter as precedent.'

'If we must fall, we should boldly meet the danger.'

There is no less danger from great fame than from infamy.

The lust of fame is the last that a wise man shakes off

Many have . . . perished, even good men, despising slow and safe success and hurrying on even at the cost of ruin to premature greatness.

Such being the happiness of the times, that you may think as you wish, and speak as you think.

Liberty is given by nature even to mute animals.

The hatred of relatives is the most violent.

A bitter jest, when it comes too near the truth, leaves a sharp sting behind it.

Reason and judgment are the qualities of a leader.

A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man.

When the state is most corrupt, then the laws are most multiplied.

Greater things are believed of those who are absent.

Patriotism is a praiseworthy competition with one's ancestors.

Where they make a desert, they call it peace.

A peace may be so wretched as not to be ill exchanged for war.

Nothing is so weak and unstable as a reputation for power not based on force.

Power acquired by guilt was never used for a good purpose.Even the bravest men are frightened by sudden terrors

Things forbidden have a secret charm.

There will be vice as long as there are men

Ah, here we are, this is the exact wording from the passage... 'Even war is better than a wretched peace.'

--------

All the above were Tacitus.

--------------

My favourite from Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War's Librarian: 'There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.'

Hope these helped, took me nearly half an hour to find all those quotes in the books for ya. :)

Thanks Loké, but as I mentioned to Fraylor, the phrase part of the module is written. In fact, they exist as floating text. Once we get the writing done, and editing, then we will see about getting a voice for them.

Archived