I made a great sword! How do I put it on the net?

Guest Doomer The Shadly One

First of all, don't overeact. Its probably something not too bad. Could you post the current version of your tp2, the error message reported and highlight any lines in your tp2 that the error message is saying are a problem (i.e. if its says line 4, mark line 4 in bold or something).

Also, the AUTHOR line is necessery (see Cam's template above).

I think Backup needs to be before Author (it used to, anyway, but might have been relaxed). Both definitely need to be before your first BEGIN. And yeah, I don't know why you are trying to copy stuff over in the middle of the item description. So try this code instead:

BACKUP ~firk1/backup~
AUTHOR ~Doomer The Shadly One~

BEGIN ~Install firkhorn~

COPY ~firk1/firkhorn.itm~ ~override~
SAY NAME ~Short Sword~
SAY NAME2 ~Firkraag's Burning Horn~
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~This short sword is hot when you touch it.~
SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC ~Firkraag's Burning Horn

This powerful short sword was forged with one of Firkraag's horn. It seems that the powerful magical ward used to create this item has captured the fallen red dragon's soul inside this sword. And the incredibly strong enchantment wich emane from this sword force the cursed soul into helping the wielder of this blade by fighting for them.

STATISTICS:
Special:
Wielder can summon Firkraag's Soul to fight for him. Last 20 seconds.
Equiped ability:
Immunity to Fear
Thaco: +5
Damage: 1D6 + 5 + 4D4 + 4 fire damages
Damage type: piercing / fire
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Short Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 5 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric.~

COPY ~firk1/FIRKRA04.cre~ ~override~

(I've not adjusted any of your spelling and grammar but the code template itself shoulf be fine.)

It's working, I think I understand now why it was not, the Backup gotta be first and the Author next...That's the only difference between my code and the one Andyr made, welll I mean the one Andyr fixed. Tank you very much all now I can make mods. All I need is to specify in the tp2 files all the files my mod will use. If someone know how to insert dialogue for creatures files I will make obliously make for my mod tell me the line code I'll need to put in the tp2 file and if there is anything else important about mod and tp2 file like does area teleporter ne to have some code for them in the tp2 files ? tank you all for you're continued support you will all allow me to make a mod oh and one more thing if someone know if it is possible to make a bg2 mod in wich the player character will start at Lv 1 with 0 exp then tell me how so that way I'll know everything I need to make a full fledge free mod to give on the net...

Also, now I get this new error message:

Error:cannot convert NAME or %NAME% to an integer

Error: [firk1/firkhorn.itm] -> [override] Patching failed <COPY> <Not_found>

I sure wonder what that interger error is... look harder than I tough to make a mod....if someone know how to fix this one then it time to explain it...tank you up front...

I am still trying to find a way to fix this specific error:

Wait a second I'll check if the syntax of my firkhorn.itm file in my firk1 folder match with my code's syntax again just to be sure... ... ....yes the firkhorn.itm file is in the firk1 folder and the code is like Andyr fixed it...at least it don't do the parse error anymore by the way tank you again Andyr...

I am still trying to find a way to fix this error:

// I'll look on this tread every once in a while to see if someone found a solution to this error...tank you all for your...continued support...don't forget to post a reply wich tell me how to fix that ...

I honestly have no idea. My only guesses would be that the file wasn't actually at that location or you were trying to do something like SAY NAME NAME. It generally throws that kind of error when you try and use a variable you haven't actually declared.

Are you sure your code looks exactly like that code that Andyr posted? Are you sure the file is in the right place with the correct name?

I am still trying to find a way to fix this specific error:

Wait a second I'll check if the syntax of my firkhorn.itm file in my firk1 folder match with my code's syntax again just to be sure... ... ....yes the firkhorn.itm file is in the firk1 folder and the code is like Andyr fixed it...at least it don't do the parse error anymore by the way tank you again Andyr...

I am still trying to find a way to fix this error:

Forward slashes are used in Linux, backslashes in DOS.

ie: firk1\firkhorn.itm, not firk1/firkhorn.itm

And yes, it really does matter. :D

It's working....I did it, I did a mod! It was it, I needed to ''SAY NAME1'' and not ''SAY NAME'' if the number ''one'' is not there it won't work....May this tread remain so everyone can know that you must never have a SAY NAME with no number 1 or more...and the slashes can be backslashes or slashes it does work both way. I used the backslash tough cus it looked like a dos appz...

I can now start a gigantic mod knowing well that I can now make an installation package. Tank You all for finding out how to help me someday you're are gonna like to play my mod I swear....oh and one last thing, how do I update dialog.tlk file for my cre file via the tp2 file ? Same as for item ? Cus the long name and the small name of the creature my sword summon need to be updated in the dialog.tlk file that is...

oh and another thing, where can I send my sword installation package so someone put it on web site ? a link would be apreciated or an e-mail or something...oh and by the way Andyr you are my best tank you for you're good services.

It's working....I did it, I did a mod! It was it, I needed to ''SAY NAME1'' and not ''SAY NAME'' if the number ''one'' is not there it won't work....May this tread remain so everyone can know that you must never have a SAY NAME with no number 1 or more...and the slashes can be backslashes or slashes it does work both way. I used the backslash tough cus it looked like a dos appz...

I think it is one of the things people learn fast. :D And yeah, backslashes are better because Macs can only use them (though Windows machines use either).

oh and one last thing, how do I update dialog.tlk file for my cre file via the tp2 file ? Same as for item ? Cus the long name and the small name of the creature my sword summon need to be updated in the dialog.tlk file that is...

Yeah, SAY NAME1 and SAY NAME2. The ReadMe in the WeiDU package has a list of all the offsets you can patch into using keywords in this way.

oh and by the way Andyr you are my best tank you for you're good services.

No problem, good luck with modding.

Archived