Help for a SeKrit Project

Domi

Umm, okies :O I can't test out my equipment today (Christmas-- it can be a right pain sometimes!). Whenever I speak any of his lines, I tend to go for a sort of Yoshimo-esque accent, for some reason... rolling r's and the like. Of course, I can't promise anything-- I'm not sure if my equipment even words (XD!) but I'd certainly try my best if it all did work :D

Oh, lol, nothing of it is urgent. And thank you for giving it a shot. I probably should not have put "arabic" there, because I am not looking for a specific accent there, to be honest :O He had travelled for at least 15 years since leaving Mulhorand, so it could be both ways.

The female voices, I am looking for are those:

Hildury, a half-orc barbarian; I do look for a harsh, hoarse female voice, but if I won't find one, as an alternative a squeeky, improbale one will do.

xxxxx15.wav : Hurt 2 ~A knight’s scars do be a record of her glorious deeds.~

xxxxx27.wav : Selected Action 5 ~Rest your fears – I do be trustworthy.~

xxxxx35.wav : Being hit 2 ~That be all you’ve got, puny one?!~

Salomeya, a half-elven bard; in short, I want Safana with Edwin's sting. I want... er dream of a voice that will sound like the actress can and love to sing, though it will not be needed.

SALOM01.wav : Morale Failure 1 ~I am not a peasant to be slaughtered.~

SALOM03.wav : Battle Cry 1 ~Have at them, lads! I’ll supervise.~

SALOM19.wav : Selected Common 4 ~ Great rewards and sudden death. I will take the former, you can have the latter.~

And, since I should have posted it in the first place, the amount of voice work I will need for each character is:

-43 lines of the voice set.

If possible I would want to voice the first lines of the banters, that will add another 20-30 lines later on in the year; and, perhaps key interjections even later on, (can't see it being more than 10 lines). So, the total is going to be about 80-85 lines per character.

So far I have the voice set for Laofeng, the Halfling made.

I have a voice for Salomeya lined up

I have people who think they's try Jaemal and Diriel

but I don't have anyone for Nord (loud paladin).

xxxxx15.wav : Hurt 2 ~A knight’s scars do be a record of her glorious deeds.~

xxxxx27.wav : Selected Action 5 ~Rest your fears – I do be trustworthy.~

xxxxx35.wav : Being hit 2 ~That be all you’ve got, puny one?!~

SALOM19.wav : Selected Common 4  ~ Great rewards and sudden death. I will take the former, you can have the latter.~

Pardon my input, but while those quotes are good, they seem to me to be a trifle too long. Don't get me wrong, it's all right to have good, long sound files for things that we only hear very rarely ("Don't forget to raise me..."), but if players have to hear something like "Great rewards and sudden death. I will take the former, you can have the latter" every few seconds, it won't be long before they tire of it and switch to a soundset that isn't so verbose. If I were you, I'd make the most common sounds (Selected, Acknowledgement, Hit) very short, and spare the long ones for things like Spell Disrupted, Item Dropped on Ground, Badly Injured, etc. Or use them to augment the character's banters.

Oh, I agree, and I tried to follow this rule in the soundsets. I was specifically picking out the longer quotes for people to read, because I wanted to hear their voices. In IWD, there are about 5 or 7 different sounds for select commands, action commands, etc, so I am relatively sure that the long lines will not be repeated too too often. And, of course, I review every soundset - shortening lots of the sentences - before sending each to the voice actor.

Speaking of which, the third set is going to be in the mail tonight! YAY!

I still don't have Nord and Jaemal's positives, btw, so anyone is free to volounteer!

...if players have to hear something like "Great rewards and sudden death. I will take the former, you can have the latter" every few seconds, it won't be long before they tire of it and switch to a soundset that isn't so verbose.

In the German version of BG1, Minsc's battle cry is so long he still is screaming when the fight is already over. And yes, it was kind of anoying :)

I am still working on this one, and I am still looking for voices... pretty much all of them, except for the male halfling and the female bard. Yep, I am a stubborn person. ;) Voicing anyone?

Archived