Which of the following characters

Which one?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am rather against interactions to interactions, myself. When I played Kelsey, his additions to Anomen interactions annoyed the hell out of me. (Though, of course, if jcompton and Ghrey disliked Anomen the way I loathe Imoen, I more than understand - the temptation would have been too strong.)

But still, two Kivan-to-Aerie interactions per the game is one thing, and twelve is another.

Though the game itself has some good ones:

PRIEST: Fool! You must fear Talos! You must obey Him! Or surely shall you be destroyed by the power of His wrath!

JAN: You know, this almost reminds me of the time when Uncle Scratchy got on Cyric's bad side. You have no idea the kind of snit your average evil god can get into...

AERIE: Uh... maybe that's not the kind of story you want to get into, Jan, with a priest of Talos right here...

JAN: You're telling me! One angry god and what do you get? The Great Underwear Shortage, that's what! You certainly wouldn't expect someone like Tyr to have that kind of wicked sense of humor, that's for sure.

- humor sucks, but the structure doesn't; both are in character and neither "wins" over each other.

Basically, I am not so much into interjecting into the existing character dialogues, though one point of the extended critic from Imrahil I recieved (and on basis of which I pretty much work ever since) was specifically that Kivan should interject in the other character banters forming the 3 ways. So, I will do a very limited amount of those. Mostly I would like to add the things of the structure you have mentiond. Ie when Anath cries "Nobody will steal my vengeance, Haer'Dalis puts in a quip about the mixed up dramatic personae. In conjection with the short 'insert' dialogues between Kivan and PC. I don't want many of those either, but I think utilizing all of those techniques + putting the interjections on RandomNum is a partial remedy to three problems the people had mentioned about the interjections:

-the new NPC steals the limelight

-the new NPC speaks too often compared to Bios

-the interjections are all the one liners of the sort of Oh, no! or Way to go, Sir/Ma'am!

I, so far, do not see the better way of doing the interjections non-annoying and repetitive, but by trying to include the others and randomize. And yes, yes, I will try to go easy on Aerie.

I want to say that I always have Edwin in my party. Please don't overlook great interjections with him! :D

And since Edwin has such a great romance a conflict would be great, too. But I don't see that happening. At least allow for SOME interaction between Kivan and Edwin. After all, Eddie was in BGI as well.

They banter a fair bit, one of my favorite banters being the one that occurs in the Nalia's Hold at the sight of the golems, plus I added Edwin to the script that reacts on other romances initiated or becoming commited. If I see a moment in the game where Edwin-Kivan interjection exchange could work, I will add it, but I doubt that these occasions will be numerous.

They banter a fair bit, one of my favorite banters being the one that occurs in the Nalia's Hold at the sight of the golems, plus I added Edwin to the script that reacts on other romances initiated or becoming commited. If I see a moment in the game where Edwin-Kivan interjection exchange could work, I will add it, but I doubt that these occasions will be numerous.

Fair enough, as long as they banter a bit! :D Anyway, I see that Kivan is on the Cross Mod Banter Pack and I wonder if more banters between Kivan and other modded npc's other than Solaufein (who has quite a few) will be in the works, also?

By the way, when you say that Edwin is added to the 'script that reacts on other romances,' does that mean actual dialog, or just the silent romance variable being shut off without any words of warning? :D I must say that type is annoying!

I hope I'm not being a pest! I really an looking forward to Kivan's next release. :D

I am talking to one more modder about adding the cross-mod content.

As for script, well, yes and no. What I do, is not shutting off the roamcnes, but reducing Kivan's "Love" variable by a certain number of points. If the rival romance gets shut down by the player this variable becomes increased again. It is maddening, perhaps, but Kivan's romance is entirely driven by PC in SoA part. So, I figure, that she can perfectly well chose what to say to each man, how and when. The value of this Global decided Deheriana's fate, and later on - Kivan's fate as well.

As for other romance reactions, I am planning to add Player-Initiated Dialogues about each of fair PC's suitors, except for Anomen who gets a more traditional man to man banter, because well, I don't have to chase Gaider to do that. :D

As for other romance reactions, I am planning to add Player-Initiated Dialogues about each of fair PC's suitors, except for Anomen who gets a more traditional man to man banter, because well, I don't have to chase Gaider to do that.

I think it might be a very cool idea, if and only if romance creators would not mind, of course.

Heh, ever since I saw this idea of yours, I cannot stop giggling: I am imagining CHARNAME and Kivan speaking of Viconia:

Kivan: <CHARNAME>, I have to warn you. Drow are bred to lust for power and shy of no means to achieve it.

CHARNAME: Really? Strange. Since I allowed her into the party, Viconia was very... obedient.

Kivan: It is nothing more than an elaborate ruse to gain your trust. Be wary, my friend.

CHARNAME: But I trust her. Where will she go, if something happens to me? She has no choice but to remain by my side, and I must say, I am rather pleased by her, ah, exquisite performance.

Kivan: (winces)

CHARNAME: Haven't you noticed that she is beautiful, Kivan? Her hands, her hair, her lips - oh! Her tongue...

Kivan: Enough of this! My warnings fall on deaf ears, I see. So be it... but I shall remain vigilant.

CHARNAME: Of course, Kivan, of course. We need someone to guard the camp while we are busy, after all.

(still giggling)

You talked about writing banter *with* the modded NPCs. I would never do that without the second author.

I am talking about having PC mentioning the modded NPC to another NPC. If PC does not like the options that I had given her to tell about that NPC, and thinks I am misreperesnting it, well, she is free to chose an option of 'Oh, never mind.'

I'll pin a thread detailing my intention and if I recieve no specific objections from the authors, I personally think that it is a courteous and safe way of going about it.

And no, I do not see how this is a Crossmod content.

Archived