Bless vs Aid description

cirerrek

Discrepancy between the description of CLERIC_BLESS and CLERIC_AID.

Bless says it gives + 1 to savings throws vs verses fear based effects.

Aid says Bless gives +1 to all saves.

Bless SpPr101

Upon uttering the bless spell, the caster raises the morale of friendly creatures and any saving throw rolls they make against fear effects by + 1. Furthermore, it raises their attack dice rolls by +1

Aid SpPr201

The recipient of this spell gains the benefit of a bless spell (+ 1 to attack rolls and saving throws).

I'm not 100% sure which one is correct. From my PnP days I seem to remember Bless giving a +1 to Attack rolls and to all savings throws.

Echon had this to say about the Bless for BG:TOTSC, at least

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...c=1801&hl=Bless

Also, some interesting stuff on improved invisibility and chant discussed here, if it hasn't already been addressed

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...c=4008&hl=chant

Both Aid and Bless use their own opcode, so it's possible that it does. That being said, I need a volunteer to actually test and see whether Bless and Aid grant any saving throw bonuses at all--if Echon's research from BG holds in BG2, then we need to add save bonuses to the spells. I'll look into fixing Chant so that it actually does what it says.

Both Aid and Bless use their own opcode, so it's possible that it does. That being said, I need a volunteer to actually test and see whether Bless and Aid grant any saving throw bonuses at all--if Echon's research from BG holds in BG2, then we need to add save bonuses to the spells. I'll look into fixing Chant so that it actually does what it says.

What is the best way to test? That is, do you think that the save bonuses should show up in the character screen?

If they don't show up in the character screen, is there any other place that you can look?

Archived