Remote Script Assign?

Guest D'Sparil

I simply deleted that script, and I won't fiddle with it later.

In any matter, I believe I have figured away around using the override file, and it's not a big deal...with only one problem.

Apparently, the ReallyForceSpellDead script does not work, but Bioware claims it does and has a number of scripts using that action. Heck, I can't get any action to trigger if my character has died, be that an effect or monster summoning. Any elaborations?

Reallyforcespelldead targets a dead creature, it works.

Care to share? :)

I took a look at the Gorion cutscene script from BG1, and it looked like one of the Ogres had a script swapped in after being summoned. I have my custom script, so it's only a matter of subsituting that script for the original skeleton one. I might need the override file, but I won't go through the hassle of editing a CRE.

Reallyforcespelldead targets a dead creature, it works.

I guess that implies that it doesn't affect PCs, right?

Well, I could summon up an invisible creature when my PC dies and have it cast those spells, but I'm not sure if anything works in a PC script once the PC dies. Any elaborations on this?

Also, does anyone know how to remove "states". These are not to be confused with in-game states, such as paralyzation, sleep, ect., but "permenant enchantment" states. It's a bit weird, but I remembered a long time ago that, after editing my character in Shadowkeeper (in addition to Xzar), Shadowkeeper mentioned that there were "states" tagged onto the creature; my character had the enchantment of the Hell_Selfish test, IE, the armour class bonus, the alignment switch, ect. Xzar had a weird state.

How can I add/remove those types of states? Are they listed in an .ids and I just have not noticed?

For states and stuff, yeah, but I'm looking for spell-like effects scripted in through EffectObject. Is there just some index I can look at that gives them all?

Also, is there a command that initiates a state?

Archived