Weapons Upgrading

I would like to do the following upgrades on Kivan's weapons. I am bad when it comes down to balance, so bear with me, and please let me know if I am being unreasonable. :D

The upgrades will require to seek out a new character, a former elven smith and talk him into it (a mini-quest?). Or will just use Cromwell.

Kivan's Bow:

Initial: Long Bow +1, +1 to AC

Ingredients needed: Water Pearl, Silverstring (An Item to be recieved as a reward for the Lover's Ring Quest)

Result: Long Bow +3, +1 to AC, 10% Magic Resistance

The Elven Spear of Entanglement

Initial: Spear +2, 10% chance with every hit that opponent is entangled for 24 seconds, no save

Ingredients: 1 Emerald, Leaf Blade (A Dagger + 3 to be placed in Bodhi's dungeon)

Result: Spear + 3, 10% chance with every hit that opponent is entangled for 24 seconds, no save; the weilder gets Mastery in Spears when wielded.

No, those don't seem to be particularly crazy. Mostly, they just seem to be upgrading his stuff to +3 so you can keep on using them for some of the nastier beasties. The spear seems especially balanced as you have to burn another +3 item to get it.

Sensible upgrades; should work fine through SoA. You might consider having some variation in the duration of the web effect (spear), just to provide some... variation. Particularly if there is no saving throw for the victim. But I guess there is, right? Anyway, duration and save/no save are variables you may play with.

Well, the thing is that I am working within the confines of what I can do :D TGM made the original spear for me, and I don't want to mess with the spell effects (heh, I am still unsure I copied it over correctly, did not have a chance to check if it's just the animation that is working well)

Well, the thing is that I am working within the confines of what I can do :D TGM made the original spear for me, and I don't want to mess with the spell effects (heh, I am still unsure I copied it over correctly, did not have a chance to check if it's just the animation that is working well)

That is probably very sensible of you. I'm not sure if my suggestions were within MY confines either. :D

I thought about it further, and I think that the Spear upgrade is a tad too much. I have a nice backstory that would lead to upgrading the bow, and a character who'd do that, so I will limit myself to the Bow. The Entanglement bit works very nicely, and I think it will be too much to cheat in the profs as well :D

I like the entangle effect (entange the enemy then fall back and launch arrows), but I really don't wanna lose my Impaler. I myself am very picky about who I take, and noone with spears other then Kivan is on that list.

I'm trying to get over being picky. When I finish the game for the fifth time (I'm about to face Irenicus in the Tree of Life. Nice Deheriana soundset by the way), I'll play with a cleric. Oh, and Anomen's pretty good with Crom Feyr.

Archived