Favorite Cheese II (Not the kind you eat!)

Userunfriendly

I'd have to say one of my favorite cheeses of all time has got to be the selfishness test in hell...

cast spell immunity divination, and when you are suppose to lose attributes for rescuing a party member, you're immune to the attribute loss...

also that roll over exploits with watcher's keep i mentioned in the cheese thread 1, that's pretty sweet... :D:D:D:D

Does the spell immunity divination trick and attribute loss also work for the dream where you meet imoen and fight Bhaal?

nope, sorry...

Some Interesting Hell Cheese:

GREED: Send someone with Boots of Speed and a Mind Flayer Control Circlet to go talk to the Enslaved Genie. As soon as you get him in visual range, use the Circlet on him. He will initiate conversation, and you should cheerfully hand over Blackrazor. Just as he is beginning to Dimension Door away, the Circlet will kick in, and you can now control him and disrupt his Dimension Door. Now kill him, and he'll drop Blackrazor. Net Result: Good Bhaal Tear, no Alignment Change, Blackrazor, 31K EXP.

FEAR: During your conversation with Fear, choose the dialogue option of, "I don't know--let me explore the cavern first, and if I want the Cloak I'll come back for it." Then go collect the Tear, leave the cave and use the Tear*, and finally return to the cave and collect your free Cloak**. Any Beholder-ass-kicking should be done after collecting the Cloak, as Fear tends to vanish if he gets hurt by a Fireball. Net Result: Good Bhaal Tear, no Alignment Change, Cloak of Bravery.

* Since you must return to the cave, you cannot do the Test of Fear last if you wish to use this exploit.

** Paladins and Rangers will become Fallen if they accept the Cloak.

PRIDE: When talking to Pride, take the Good dialogue options. Then, instead of talking to the Dragon to claim your Tear, just walk up to it and kill it. Net Result: Good Bhaal Tear, no Alignment Change, 22K EXP, 100 GP.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heh, the greatest cheese moment of all time (at least for me) is when I played BG1 (with the BG1tutu mod) with my level 23/20/27 fighter/mage/thief named Sutter (imported from BGII). Heh, absolutely nothing could stop him, the end fight, needless to say, was a piece of cake. I played around with Sarevok and his party, summoning Mordenkainen swords, cacofiends, mislead, and then finally went for the kill with smite. Ultimate cheese.

I didn't play this as an actual serious character, I was debugging the game, seeing if all the areas were accessible. I recently downloaded the mod and was having trouble accessing certain areas, so I had to repeatedly reinstall the mod, after making corrections. I *think* it's stable now.

Heh, the greatest cheese moment of all time (at least for me) is when I played BG1 (with the BG1tutu mod) with my level 23/20/27 fighter/mage/thief named Sutter (imported from BGII). Heh, absolutely nothing could stop him, the end fight, needless to say, was a piece of cake. I played around with Sarevok and his party, summoning Mordenkainen swords, cacofiends, mislead, and then finally went for the kill with smite. Ultimate cheese.

I didn't play this as an actual serious character, I was debugging the game, seeing if all the areas were accessible. I recently downloaded the mod and was having trouble accessing certain areas, so I had to repeatedly reinstall the mod, after making corrections. I *think* it's stable now.

urm...urm...urm...that's not really cheese, just powergaming...

something i also do myself...(actually i cheat...drastically) :D

What'd you turn poor Delainy into again? A kensai sorceress assassin triple-class greater werewolf?

urm...nope...i tried using near infinity to turn her into a kensai bard...with perminent g acuity...

bugger crashed on me, so i'm pretty much leaving delainey the way she is...

besides, jahiera is a kensai shapeshifter...

minsc is an archer..with use any item...

and my pc is

assassin, sorceror, cleric druid kensai...(no backstab, just poison) with immunity to timestop, perminent g acuity, and the ability to wear full platemail, and still cast mage spells. :D:D

urm...urm...urm...that's not really cheese, just powergaming...

something i also do myself...(actually i cheat...drastically) :D

Heh, I thought "cheese" meant "cheap". IMO it's cheap to have a character that can wipe out all opposition without contest. Anyhoo, as stated earlier, I was merely debugging BG1tutu, which is pretty buggy. I never powergame as a habit.

(Off Topic) My F/M/T is a legit character, the only thing I did was give him a bag of holding at the beginning of BGII. He started out immensely weak, in fact in Trademeet, doing the mantle quest, he had to flee in terror as the skeleton warriors nearly creamed him. Funny thing was that the warriors followed him out into the town. He eventually destroyed all the skeletons, in fact he destroyed the mantle carrying skeleton right in front of the High Merchant.

I'm curious UU, have you ever played aVENGER's Chosen of Cyric battle? It can occur immediately after leaving the Graveyard Crypts in chapter 6, when your party tends to be beaten up, and down one character. The fight would be brutal if your party wasn't hurt and low on spells, and is even more nasty when this is the case. The really nice thing, is that for the most part, the enemies do not cheat. They are limited to doing what the PC and party is capable of, under proper guidence. It took me a lot of reloads to finally get through the battle, and in the end Valygar (Sk'd to an archer) with arrows of dispelling and Immy with the Staff of the Magi, and a couple of nice scrolls I found in the bottom of my backpack made the difference.

I'd have to say, that this battle is the best of any modded battle out there. It is very difficult without cheating, and you end up getting most/all of the items the enemy is equipped with at the end of the battle. I highly recommend this one to people who like hard battles, and even those who don't. You can talk the Chosen out of attacking you in several different ways that rely on your stats and skills.

I'm curious UU, have you ever played aVENGER's Chosen of Cyric battle?  It can occur immediately after leaving the Graveyard Crypts in chapter 6, when your party tends to be beaten up, and down one character.  The fight would be brutal if your party wasn't hurt and low on spells, and is even more nasty when this is the case.  The really nice thing, is that for the most part, the enemies do not cheat.  They are limited to doing what the PC and party is capable of, under proper guidence.  It took me a lot of reloads to finally get through the battle, and in the end Valygar (Sk'd to an archer)  with arrows of dispelling and Immy with the Staff of the Magi, and a couple of nice scrolls I found in the bottom of my backpack made the difference.

I'd have to say, that this battle is the best of any modded battle out there.  It is very difficult without cheating, and you end up getting most/all of the items the enemy is equipped with at the end of the battle.  I highly recommend this one to people who like hard battles, and even those who don't.  You can talk the Chosen out of attacking you in several different ways that rely on your stats and skills.

i've gone thru improved battles and tactics installed at the same time, and they both cheat...

what i really enjoy is using elegant cheese tactics to do something entirely unexpected and naughty, like sequential sunfires of doom to cheese eclipse mod, and recently both tactics and improved battles, much of my classic exploits have been nerfed... :D

Archived