Chase (the guy who threatens to jump

Diana

I don't like that 'survival of the fittest' myself, for the simple reason that it seems to imply that the physical fitness is the most important... and clearly, that's not at all applicable to Chase situation, because, well, he's mental. Not to mention, Jaheira wouldn't even think that physical fitness is so very important for the survival of a race, because it's un-Harperlike to think that brawn might win the day over brains. :)

I like that "It is almost a shame the fool did not jump. I find it interesting to witness the natural selection of a species at work" better, really. I agree with Princeps' reasoning why the 'natural selection' could be considered a 'good anachronism'.

I don't like that 'survival of the fittest' myself, for the simple reason that it seems to imply that the physical fitness is the most important... and clearly, that's not at all applicable to Chase situation, because, well, he's mental. Not to mention, Jaheira wouldn't even think that physical fitness is so very important for the survival of a race, because it's un-Harperlike to think that brawn might win the day over brains. :)

I like that "It is almost a shame the fool did not jump. I find it interesting to witness the natural selection of a species at work" better, really. I agree with Princeps' reasoning why the 'natural selection' could be considered a 'good anachronism'.

Survival of the fittest isn't really about physical fitness only, but if that is the impression it transmits to the public, by all means, use other words. I'm sure Domi will come up with something good.

Theodur is the character guardian, so if he does not feel uncomfortable with the expression, it will go in. I was just thinking about an alternative. Maybe because I am reading Jordan. That guy likes coining out sayings that has clear meaning but sound like they belong in the Randland.

Archived