Cleric/Thief change

yarpen

Easy :).

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 READ_BYTE  0x1f "useoneb"
 READ_BYTE  0x20 "useonec"
 PATCH_IF ("%useonec%" BAND 0b01000000) = 0x01000000) BEGIN // if usable by thieves
   WRITE_BYTE 0x1f ("%useoneb%" BAND 0b11111101) // make usable by cleric/thieves
 END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

A Cleric/Thief can already backstab. Just use any melee weapon that a single classed thief could use. As has been pointed out before, there is a staff in TOB that has something like a +12 damage modifier. This will give the biggest backstab in the game. That is a minimum of 65 damage at x5 multiplier, ouch.

Well, the Player's Handbook says "regardless of his other classes, a multi-classed priest must abide by the weapon restrictions of his mythos. Thus, a fighter/cleric can use only bludgeoning weapons (but he uses the warrior combat value). He retains all his normal priest abilities." However, the PHb also allows for changing almost anything about a cleric depending on the mythos he follows; weapon restrictions, spells, powers and ethos.

Since only gnomes can be cleric/thieves, it's also worth noting that four of the eight gnomish speciality priests are allowed to wield any weapon, one can wield any non-bludgeoning weapon, one can wield any metallic weapon, and the other two can both wield daggers and several piercing or slashing weapons.

Good point, I'd forgotten about half-orcs :). Three of the six orc speciality priests may wield any weapon, one can wield any weapon a thief can use, one can wield any small melee or ranged weapon, and only one is restricted to bludgeoning weapons.

Opening it up to other races is harcoded, or else I'd have done it (and also opened up bards) already.

I am tempted by the weapon-use thing, actually. I had meant to talk to Cam about the possiblity of differing weapon restrictions for Clerics of various deities in Divine Remix at some point, so we'll see.

Archived