Does anyone remember...

Grim Squeaker

Yes, this is a wonderful little nostalgia thread. I'll begin:

Does anyone remember...

Atmosfear (Nightmare in America)

nightmareboard.jpg

This was from that crazy age of video boardgames. You set up the board, slapped the video into your VCR and started playing. Every-so-often a ridiculous character called the Gatekeeper would give you instructions and demand that you said 'Yes, my Gatekeeper' (although I always say 'Yes, my gay kipper' for reasons unknown...). Goal of the game: Get 6 keys and proceed to the centre of the board before the hour is up. Good times, good times...

Knightmare

igneous.jpgscorp.jpg

What a show this was! It showed on ITV over here (and might be showing on ChallengeTV at the moment). 3 teenagers try to direct their friend around a virtual reality maze. Well i say virtual reality, its just a bit of computer effects and blue screen. But wait, you say, how does the friend not see the ridiculous set around him and laugh? Well, they put a huge helmet onto his head, gave him an 'eye shield' and a satchel and then sent him on his merry way. There was so much col stuff in this show like a wall with a face that said: 'Feed me with knowledge or I'll feed on you!' Good shit...

Down in Australia we go both Nighmare and Atmosfear. They were different games, so perhaps they were different versions. One was a square board with gravestones for markers (the one we've got a picture of) and the other was octagonal around a central hub. They were pretty cool games, all up :D

Yeah I know in America they had Nightmare (which was our Atmosfear - the one with the square board) and then they made a similar spin-off game which they called Atmosfear (with the central hub) although I don't know what they called that game here...

Archived