Xan's romance won't start

Guest Carrot

Yay, now it works! =D Thank you two for responding so quickly and helpfully.

I'm really happy this works. Xan's talk and all the other additional banters I get now are really worth seeing... love your mod. :)

So. I've had the same problem. Xan romance won't start regardless to what I'll do. I have TotSC installed, last bgtutu version and last tutufix version. The answer to globals you've posted earlier is 'does not exist' - just like Carrot had it.

I already tried re-installing the mod, even all tutu. Do I need to reistall ALL BG files?:|

I had some Errors with the pack, I'll list them below:

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 688 of 0-byte file X#HARL4.CRE

ERROR: [X#HARL4.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("X#HARL4.CRE: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds & patch BG1NPC creatures], rolling back to previous state

[bG1NPC/backup/56/UNSETSTR.56] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

ERROR: Failure("X#HARL4.CRE: read out of bounds")

No errors occured in the Xan romance install. So, does anybody has *any* idea what can be wrong?:/

Does your character match the romance requirements for Xan listed in the Romance Guide included with your install? The romance usually initiates immediately upon exiting the Nashkel Mines. :D

Also, check that you have installed not just the Core romance, but selected one of the timers on the Xan's romance speed.

Does your character match the romance requirements for Xan listed in the Romance Guide included with your install?

Yes. She is elven sorceress. I failed to see any other requirments than race, but, logically, if there would be any that would be high int&wis&cha. She has that, too.

The romance usually initiates immediately upon exiting the Nashkel Mines. :D

Yeah, I know, and it did not start. I tried many times, also exiting in the second way, from the main exit. Nothing.

Also, check that you have installed not just the Core romance, but selected one of the timers on the Xan's romance speed.

I've chosen the second (45) romance speed.

So, basically, I've tried everything I could think of and still nothing. That's why I'm asking here... Maybe I should format the disc, and then install everything again? It doesn't appeal to me, but it may be the only thing left to do...

No, no. Please, hold off something quite so drastic :D I am thinking that something is just not isntalling correctly (script, me thinks). Can you post the content of your WeiDU.debug?

Well, it's REALLY long, so I don't think that being such a great idea. However, I can e-mail it to you, if you wish. Btw, I was playing actively BG2 before, and then decided to give tutu a try, so I've a lot of bg2 NPS mods installed - maybe that is the case? I thought that since all of the bg2 game files are 'closed' in the restore folder, that would be no problem, but it possibly can be the reason for all my problems.

As for drastic means, I downloaded BG1 NPC project, ba, the whole Tutu, ONLY because of the possible Xan romance, and I'm determined to accomplish my goal - by all means, if necessary.

Btw: thanks for your quick reaction, Domi. I really appreciate your will to help me, even if you won't be able to.

I downloaded BG1 NPC project, ba, the whole Tutu, ONLY because of the possible Xan romance...

Well, I hope that you came for Xan's romance, but will stay for many beautiful things that TUTU and BG1NPC has to offer :D

But I am sure it can be fixed without that many troubles.

No, the installation of BG2 should not cause the problem. If the mod otherwise functions fine, the trouble is local, most probably with the romantic script not being assigned to the NPC. I am sorry that you experience some difficulties, but I am pretty sure they are relatively easy to correct.

Try the following easy thinggy:

1) Set the following Globals to 1 (Note it's XA not XAN for Romance active):

SetGlobal("X#XANMatch","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("X#XALoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("X#XARomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

2) If the romance does not kick in after Globals are set, re-install the timer component of the mod with a different timer. (Just make sure you do reinstall Player-Initiated dialogues as well afterwards)

If neither helps I can take a look at your DEBUG, but if it will come to the saved game investigation, you'll have to chat with Cmorgan. I don't run TUTU presently.

Um, no, actually, to Gibberlings I came for Haer'Dalis romance - which was canceled (no comments). To modding community I came because of Solaufein flirt pack in which case I'm trying to prove helpful, and my own NPC mod - in development; I hope I'll be able to complete it, since it is *very* ambicious.

For Xan I just downloaded Tutu XD.

Thanks for advice, I'll try it and tell you about results tomorrow, since it is already 1:22 AM. And because of it sorry that I'm not so perceiving/thinking cleary. Just tired...

After very carefully examining the code for the Xan romance match checking and first lovetalk, I can say this:

Xan is the least demanding in what he wants out of his women.

He merely requires that they be female and either elvish or half-elvish. No stat or alignment requirements at all.

"Leaving the second way" had me stumped. Usually, people leave by way of the exit by Mulahey's cave and exit in the Nashkel Mines exit area, by the amazon assassins, but there is no real reason you couldn't trudge through all 4 levels all over again and leave on the screen by Emmerson.

Either way, Xan should still start his lovetalk. On a hunch, I checked the flags for Nashkel Mines entrance area, but it is flagged as one of the two acceptable areas for LT 1 to fire: it is "outdoors". The other possibility would be if it were a forest.

Believe me, Xan romance was created *exactly* with an elven sorceress in mind, so we'll do everything for your heroine to get it. :D

Haven't seen this question asked before, but - did you start a *new* game after installing TUTU and BG1 NPC?

And, yes, e-mailing me your save and your weidu.log to kulyok (at yandex.ru) will be most appreciated.

So, the answer for 1) is:

lua: call expression not a function

Active stack:

Active stack:

And still nothing, Domi.

I've some other problems with tutu, however. Jaheira is talking in Faldorn's voice, and some areas are REALLY slow. Nashkel is a real pain, for example;/ I can't even see the characters actually moving... They are here -few moments - and they are there =='.

Believe me, Xan romance was created *exactly* with an elven sorceress in mind, so we'll do everything for your heroine to get it. :D

- thanks, I also think that this is the best choice for him.

Haven't seen this question asked before, but - did you start a *new* game after installing TUTU and BG1 NPC?

- yes, I installed bg1, sotc, bg tutu, tutufix, bg1npc and started new game, ba, even created a new character, since I usually play enchanter myself - but since Xan is one too, there is no need for second:)

And, yes, e-mailing me your save and your weidu.log to kulyok (at yandex.ru) will be most appreciated.

Then wait just a second. I'll try to reinstall it once again with different speed, like Domi sugested, and then I'll do the Nashkel Quest once again... And if it won't help, I'll e-mail you this stuff.

Archived