Xan's romance won't start

Guest Carrot

This sounds like a bad install, but I can't figure out what would be going wrong - the voice change is usually an older save being used with a new install and the strings not matching up. You appear to have been doing everything right...

please send me a save too, to svowles at comcast dot net.

I am backlogged with two saves from other folks (unrelated), so it may be awhile, but I would still like to prospect a little :D

You know, it isn't unheard of to get a bad download. It happens.

You did start out with a clean install, right? And you've got your clean install files backed up somewhere, right?

No matter.

If it were me, I'd go ahead and send Kulyok and cmorgan your save games, and archive that save game somewhere that *isn't* part of your Tutu Directory, then start over with fresh downloads and installations of everything. Anyway, EasyTutu is out in a new, sexy version.

Once you have your fresh downloads, I'd start with a fresh installation and see how things go.

So, the answer for 1) is:

lua: call expression not a function

Active stack:

Active stack:

This looks like you are misspelling the call for Global. It should be exactly like this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#XANMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Make sure you are using SetGlobal, not GetGlobal - I used to mix these two all the time when doing things quickly.

Another thing is I haven't got this problem before reinstalling tutu - after first install everything was OK with her...

This is a normal occurence with using a saved game after a reinstall. Strings of the voice set are dynamic. The PID *should* fix it, it was implemented for this particular purpose.

Did anyone try it in the newer versions of the mod and it worked?

All right, Kelenthial, I'll be waiting for your mail, then. (And sending a copy to cmorgan is a great idea, too: I'm just the primary author of Xan Romance; he is our current coding guru).

And, yeah, EasyTutu is a way to go.

By the way, your TUTU is TUTU 4, not TUTU 6, right? Because TUTU 6 doesn't work with BG1 NPC correctly - all the chapter numbers are wrong and everything. (But in any case, it shouldn't have created a situation as horrible as yours).

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 688 of 0-byte file X#HARL4.CRE

ERROR: [X#HARL4.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("X#HARL4.CRE: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

You know, it might be that your version is indeed corrupted. Try to download again - you may even try and use Flashget plugin from flashget.com to get it faster.

Did anyone try it in the newer versions of the mod and it worked?

I never tried it - in my games it was all right. But then again, I always restore backups and install from scratch before starting a new game.

<sighs> All right.

Yes, I've misspelled - sleepy, silly me. Still, now I typed them correctly - and absolutely nothing happens.

By the way, your TUTU is TUTU 4, not TUTU 6, right? Because TUTU 6 doesn't work with BG1 NPC correctly - all the chapter numbers are wrong and everything. (But in any case, it shouldn't have created a situation as horrible as yours).

It is tutu 4:)

I had some Errors with the pack, I'll list them below:

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 688 of 0-byte file X#HARL4.CRE

ERROR: [X#HARL4.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("X#HARL4.CRE: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds & patch BG1NPC creatures], rolling back to previous state

[bG1NPC/backup/56/UNSETSTR.56] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

ERROR: Failure("X#HARL4.CRE: read out of bounds")

OK, I may have figured this one out, though it threw me for a loop. If I have diagnosed this correctly, it should not be stopping your romance, it is only stopping the walking speeds component (which is fine; walking speeds is problematic in the first place, as haste, slow, etc. do not seem to function correctly using it :D )

[for coders/diagnosers] We have an ALLOW_MISSING which creates a 0 byte file and lets users skip some components without having problems due to missing .cre files. Walking Speeds is trying to read and patch that file. I am investigating why this is happening; I assume I have misphrased the PATCH_IF materials, but will keep working on it

[/for coders/diagnosers]

Okay. Trouble number one: you have these in your BG1 NPC debug file:

SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2 4 0 Installed

SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2 4 1 Installed

SETUP-UNDERREP.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-VALEN.TP2 4 0 Installed

SETUP-VALEN.TP2 4 10 Installed

XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-AMBER.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 0 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 1 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 2 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 3 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 4 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 5 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 6 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 7 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 8 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 9 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 10 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 11 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 12 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 13 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 14 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 15 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 16 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 17 Installed

SETUP-EBG2.TP2 1 18 Installed

SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2 0 1 Installed

SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2 0 1 Installed

CHLOE.TP2 0 0 Installed

KELSEY.TP2 0 0 Installed

KELSEY.TP2 0 1 Installed

KELSEY.TP2 0 2 Installed

KELSEY.TP2 0 3 Installed

SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2 0 1 Installed

SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2 0 3 Installed

SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2 0 4 Installed

SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2 0 5 Installed

SETUP-GROA.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 1 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 2 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 3 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 4 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 5 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 6 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 7 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 8 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 9 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 10 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 11 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 12 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 13 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 14 Installed

SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 0 15 Installed

SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 2 Installed

SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 4 Installed

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 2 Installed

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 6 Installed

SETUP-KIVAN.TP2 0 7 Installed

SETUP-JPS_PORTRAITS.TP2 0 5 Installed

CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2 0 0 Installed

CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2 0 1 Installed

CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2 0 2 Installed

SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-YASRAENA.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-GOO.TP2 0 0 Installed

These are for BG2 only, and have no right to be on TUTU install, really.

That means: you'll have to reinstall TUTU and BG1 NPC, and when you install TUTU on your BG2 install, make sure it is a clean BG2 install, without any mods.

Okay... now trouble number two. from what I see from the save game file(via NearInfinity), it seems Xan lacks his script, _xan.bcs. That's why the romance doesn't work. Imoen lacks, it, too, while others like Khalid and Kivan and Jaheira have it. Folks, I am at a loss here - what can it be? .Cre not patched correctly, or something? Because BG1NPC.Debug shows that the install went fine, romance+romance timer, and everything appended to _xan.bcs - it's just the *cre* file lacks it entirely.

P.S. By the way, Domi: string fixers work just fine.

P.P.S. Moscow time is past midnight, so I am off to bed. Tomorrow...

Does formatting and reinstalling means that you

1) Installed BG1 without mods

2) Installed BG2 without mods(that doesn't mean uninstalling previously installed mods; it means a clean install)

3) Installed TUTU and Tutufix

4) Installed BG1 NPC(including Xan romance and timers)

5) Started a new game(because your existing save is hopeless)

6) - and Xan romance *still* didn't start after you found him in the mines?

"Formatting and reinstalling" means that I've done format of my hard disc and installed EVERYTHING once again. So 4x yes.

My existing save is hopeless? Well, I'll have to start from the beginning, it seems, even if it irritates a hell out of me.. Och well. I've already done some testing, skipping most of the game and getting to Nashel as fast as I could - it'll start, but it'll skip some of the conversations. Also some funny things with items and loading screens are now going on. The descriptions are simply exchanged for some dialogues from the mod. I wonder if there is something that can be done with that? Also, characters are acting like they should start a conversation with you, but nothing happens. Is that normal?

And a really, really big thank you for your attendance:).

Archived