Imoen/Garrick Swap

Domi

After playing a lot of TUTU and loving Andyr's Garrick a lot (and also being not fond of Imoen) I was toying with the idea of reversing Garrick and Imoen's roles for a female player mod - ie Garrick is your childhood buddy, and Imoen is some girl in Beregost. Then Garrick could go on to be the child of Bhaal. Being a bard he fits perfectly into BG2 plot.

Oh, well, yes, but then I remembered all the work with the godawful BG2.... and uhm, yeah. The patch for TUTU should be easy enough though. Providing one makes Imoen unjoinable.

Edit: Yeah, I see all the problems now, bad idea.

Every character reffering to getting Imoen, and 'her' etc; it will require extensive patching of the in-game files, replacing the lines. Unfortunately even if the 'swap to Garrick' is installed last I can only replace "Imoen" to "Garrick" in other mods, but not the pronouns and the 'sister/brother' thing etc.

Every character reffering to getting Imoen, and 'her' etc; it will require extensive patching of the in-game files, replacing the lines. Unfortunately even if the 'swap to Garrick' is installed last I can only replace "Imoen" to "Garrick" in other mods, but not the pronouns and the 'sister/brother' thing etc.

Well, yes as I said it'd be a lot of work, setting aside compatibility, still other mods referring to Imoen would work only treat Garrick as woman, which is not that bad. Alternatively Imoen could be substituted by another female NPC. Anybody who's not that goddamn annoying.

Archived