BioWARE's Writting Contest

Domi

Why forego all of this?

Each of the eight (8) winners will receive a selection of merchandise from the BioWare Online Store, which includes:

BioWare coffee mug

BioWare wool cap

Jade Empire soundtrack

Jade Empire t-shirt

Copies of all Premium Neverwinter Nights Modules

Ah I remember now. My PC is too slow for NWN and I seldom hear anything that even faintly resembles praise for Aurora and I already own a wool cap.

Well, I definitely won't say I think NWN nights is perfect, but I do like it some instances over BG II (and BG II does better in other aspects).

But a one tile adventure...hmm...

Anyways, good luck Domi.

They're probably looking for someone with at least as much talent as they have, though I don't think it's hard to do better based on what I've seen in NWN's campaigns. I'm not going to enter because I already have everything the Diamond edition of NWN offers, and I'm already attached to my big, black Lucasarts coffee mug. Perhaps if they guaranteed a job... nah. I like my current job.

May the "best" writer win.

Oh, and I tend to agree, Bri. I've e-mailed Bioware about weaknesses in NWN's dialogs but based on their track record I doubt anything will be addressed. Though one can edit the official campaigns/modules using the AE toolset, I'm more likely to write my own campaign instead. I'm on my second run through all the official campaigns and I've definitely got some ideas. Unfortunately this means BG2 and BG1 are collecting digital dust for the moment, but I really needed a break from those games.

I definitely think that BG I and II do a better job of immersing me into the world, making it seem big. Of course, having more than one/two characters in the party is a plus as well, especially if one includes NPC dialogues.

What I do like in NWN is the fact they did give a bit more personal choice back to the player on what to focus on (through the feats, and whatnot).

Of course I wish you good luck, Domi, but please don't make me wear the mini-skirt, sweater, and pom-poms again.

Awww... but you look so cute in those :O

Thank you for all the well-wishes, guys, but heh, for me actually making a mini-module in AE is going to be the top achievement. Winning or moving to that second (or was it six?) floor office in Edmonton is not even on the radar :)

Guest Dreamer Sasha (Moongaze)
They're probably looking for someone with at least as much talent as they have, though I don't think it's hard to do better based on what I've seen in NWN's campaigns. I'm not going to enter because I already have everything the Diamond edition of NWN offers, and I'm already attached to my big, black Lucasarts coffee mug. Perhaps if they guaranteed a job... nah. I like my current job.

May the "best" writer win.

yea I kinda agree. I think lots of people have the potential to write for bioware. besides its a contest with no guarantee of actually getting the job. naw..if you wanna do it then do it for the fun of it. :O:) rock on!

Archived