Scripting Compiler

Guest Guest

How do I use Bioware's scripting compiler?? It always says there's an error when I compile something. Do I need a patch or something?

Don't even think about using it - it will quite happily compile faulty scripts and just as happily complain when there's nothing wrong. Use Near Infinity's Script Dropzone; download the Beta version of NI as it's more up-to-date and perfectly stable. Secondly, the Ids files supplied with the IE games are not complete (with the possible exception of Planescape:Torment). Complete sets of ids files are available:

BG1 here

SoA/ToB here

IWD/HoW here

IWD2 here.

Unzip the relevant zipfile into your \override folder, otherwise NI will complain about missing ids files too.

-Y-

I have NI but it have to type everything manully, and I cant copy or past things into NI betas script. Itll take me hours and hours to code everything, but its just a couple minutes by copying and pasting which is why I want to use the bioware compiler.

No - don't use the NI script window - use a normal text editor such as ConTEXT or Notepad. Actually ConTEXT is a very good idea because both Weidu and BG2 Script highlighters are available - can someone provide the highlighter URLs as I've forgotten them?

When you've written your script, start NI and select Tools - Script Dropzone. Go to the Options tab and set your requirements. Now simply drag your script onto the Compile box. You can decompile new and existing scripts in the same way but you must have the new ids files unzipped into the \override folder.

-Y-

What are the processing exensions that are valid with the dropzone? I dragged an entier notepad document and it didnt work, then I tried a word doc and still nothing, then I tried pure text from the word doc without success.

What are the processing exensions that are valid with the dropzone? I dragged an entier notepad document and it didnt work, then I tried a word doc and still nothing, then I tried pure text from the word doc without success.

Save the script with the extension .baf e.g. myscript.baf and then drag'n'drop the file itself to the NI dropzone. Be sure you are dropping it on the Compile box and not the Decompile box.

-Y-

I did what you guys said, but it still doesnt work. is there a program to convert txts to .baf??

http://www.upnetwork.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1412

That's what I did.

Thank you Yovaneth and Squeaker for help thus far.

If you've got context or you're using notepad, just go to save as and add .baf to the end of the filename making sure therer isn't a .txt at the end of it.

Archived