Del + Woman

Userunfriendly

What did you think?  It was Del with Korgan in a red gingham dress and a blonde wig? ;-)

lol nah, my imagination just got away from me for a minute. Sometimes I've a sick mind.

Uriel

urm...sorry, i have a much sicker mind...did you just read korgan as rimmer in the previous page??? :D:D:D

Look at the thread title "Del + Woman". 'Tis pretty much self explanatory. Bah, I've lost interest in this thread, I have a whole new slew of games that I must get reacquainted with (like Thief I, I got a replacement graphics card that overrides that crappy Intel 82810). Heck, I've lost alot of interest in BGII ever since the card replacement and getting dosbox.

Uriel

Heh, it happens to the best of us in losing interest. I know the feeling. I can honestly say that for BGII itself, I haven't played a game in over 5 months...(outside of the occasional new mod released)

Hope you enjoy your other games and such :D

Heh, it happens to the best of us in losing interest.  I know the feeling.  I can honestly say that for BGII itself, I haven't played a game in over 5 months...(outside of the occasional new mod released)

Hope you enjoy your other games and such :D

Indeed I am! With dosbox I can play many old dos games that are unplayable on my comp, either because of the computer's alacrity or of XP. I just got done beating Vamp: The Masquerade (heh, blowing away Vukovlak with 100 rockets is hilarious), and I'm now playing a 11 year old game: Ultima Underworld (through dosbox). Also now playable is Aces of the Pacific, X-Com 1 through 3, Starflight I and II, and many others I'm sure you don't want me ranting on about. All these games are ancient, but as I say, graphics don't make the game.

As for Baldur's Gate, I've played it intermittently over the last few weeks, but I'm greatly losing interest. That's what mods are for :D

Uriel, about to get his daily dose of MOO.

What is scary for me old Dos Games would include Leisure Suit Larry.

Although there are a few I would love to play, but can't due to lack of Dos...such as Xanth, and if I could find it, Stalking the Night Fantastic...or was it Bureau 13...one was a computer game based on the other.

Also, in case you are curious, Activision is doing a game of Vampire:  the Masquerade with the tentative title Bloodlines in it.

Yeah, that's me with BGII...I've played it so often, only mods make it interesting anymore :D  That's why I hope the Tashia additions, and Del (hopefully get out in a timely fashion) will also be considered nice enough to be added.

What is scary for me old Dos Games would include Leisure Suit Larry.

Although there are a few I would love to play, but can't due to lack of Dos...such as Xanth, and if I could find it, Stalking the Night Fantastic...or was it Bureau 13...one was a computer game based on the other.

Also, in case you are curious, Activision is doing a game of Vampire:  the Masquerade with the tentative title Bloodlines in it.

Yeah, that's me with BGII...I've played it so often, only mods make it interesting anymore :D  That's why I hope the Tashia additions, and Del (hopefully get out in a timely fashion) will also be considered nice enough to be added.

leisure suit larry in the land of the lounge lizards!!!

what's scary is i actually remember when it was released...sigh...

did you know a guy named "pollack" i think wrote 3 books based on Bureau 13? actually quite funny and fun, and actually one of my writing style inspirations...jumping straight into the madness...

:D

Nick Pollota did the books, as well as a very good one called Illegal Aliens that had been published by TSR (before they were bought by Wizards of the Coast before they were bought by Hasbro).

And the original Bureau 13 game was produced by Tri-Tac games as a Pen-and-Paper RPG by Richard Tulcholka (I know I got the spelling wrong)...what is interesting is how many fantasy and sci-fi writers know him like Mercedes Lackey (in fact she has a short story where she uses one of his characters with her Diana Tregarde...a failed Buffy clone)

You don't need dos to use dosbox, it's a freeware dos emulator with a speed controller. A new version with support for protected mode games is now available. It basically emulates a 486 computer. I can run Underworld I just like it ran on my old 486 ten years ago. The music does get a tad choppy at times, though.

Heh, the only things, apart from mods, that keeps my interest in BGII is all my custom sound sets. Nothing like a roaring "AAARRRRGGGGHH!!" from a Hammerite or a confident "You're going down" from a rogue.

The address for dosbox if anyone's intersted, or cares:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Cool, thanks, I will take a look at it.  As for music, yeah sometimes things don't work that well...what is sad, though is that much of the IBM PC is built on past versions of stuff...and it doesn't make it backwards compatible :D

Nick Pollota did the books, as well as a very good one called Illegal Aliens that had been published by TSR (before they were bought by Wizards of the Coast before they were bought by Hasbro).

And the original Bureau 13 game was produced by Tri-Tac games as a Pen-and-Paper RPG by Richard Tulcholka (I know I got the spelling wrong)...what is interesting is how many fantasy and sci-fi writers know him like Mercedes Lackey (in fact she has a short story where she uses one of his characters with her Diana Tregarde...a failed Buffy clone)

What's worse is i've read at least one of her Diana Tregarde books...yuk!!! to think that she wrote that yawn maker...sigh...

"Cool, thanks, I will take a look at it. As for music, yeah sometimes things don't work that well...what is sad, though is that much of the IBM PC is built on past versions of stuff...and it doesn't make it backwards compatible :D"

of course they all are backwards compatable!!!

BILL SAYS SO!!!

You don't need to check the stack architecture...

You don't need to run compatability tests...

These aren't the droids you're looking for... :D:D:D

The trick is, if you happen to be a packrat like me, to actually have an old 486 with original dos disks shoved in a cupboard somewhere.

It's the only way I can play X-Com 1 these days.  :D

The latest version of dosbox supports X-Com 1 and 2, and runs them *nearly* as well as they used to run on my old 486. Everything, including the game speed, runs just the same as on my old comp, the only thing different is the alien's dying sounds, they're different. The high pitched death sound of a Sectoid is now a low moan.

I considered using an old computer to run ancient dos games such as this, but I didn't have the money. Now, with dosbox, these games run just like they used to, and without an old computer jamming up my rather small room.

I do have the original game disks too. I even have the original disks, documentation, and box of "M1 Tank Platoon" still. Too bad, dosbox cannot run this yet.

Cool, thanks, I will take a look at it.  As for music, yeah sometimes things don't work that well...what is sad, though is that much of the IBM PC is built on past versions of stuff...and it doesn't make it backwards compatible :D

The choppy sound problem with UU1 was with the old version of dosbox, the new version seems to have corrected that prob. The music plays flawlessly now.

BTW if anyone cares I found out about dosbox on the Starflight forums. I wonder if anyone is old enough here to remember that game, I have some fond memories of it in my early childhood. Ahhh, finding out the truth about endurium, boy what a shock.

Ah, Dosbox is a program!  :D I see. Methinks I shall have to track that sucker down. Starflight was a pretty cool game. The Endurium thing was quite well done.

I still didn't feel guilty mining for it, though.  :D

Me neither, except in SFII, but I'm more concerned about the legality of it than anything else. I have considered trading it to the G'nunk, but was worried about getting caught smuggling. Starflight was one of the greatest games in creation. Imagine, they fit on two 5 in floppy disks a universe with over 100 stars, many with planets, and a slew of spacefaring races that you can communicate and/or battle with. Amazing.

I have a link to the dosbox homepage earlier in this thread.

No, only one will show up.  I intend to keep that part of the game consistent with Tales of the Sword Coast.  Note, you will be able to have a preference of who to have, though, since they will be probably different downloads.  Note, that except for the romance tracks, almost all the NPC banters, interjections, etc. will be the same for both of them.

For example, you may play a female character, and wish to keep Del as a female (your tastes may not like Durlyle), so you will just go with Del.

Archived