Del + Woman

Userunfriendly

Plans are in the works to allow Del to be romanced by the same-sex characters, if one desires, and if I go that way, then I will allow Durlyle to be romanced by a same-sex character as well, if that is your desire.  

You will have an option early on to just say "Let's just be friends" and that should appease people who do get bothered by such things.

Heh, yes there will be a difference.  That's why Durlyle will be similar, but not exactly the same, to Delainy's.

Most of the NPC banters will work for either one, for example, but there are a (tiny) few that depend on Del's sex, and will need to be changed for the conversion to male.

And the romance part?  Yes, if you are female, and Del is female, there will be differences in this from if you are male and Del is female.

The same goes with a female MainChar and Durlyle, and a male MainChar and Durlyle.

However, these changes will only be noticeable on the flirts and the romance dialogues.  What I have tentatively termed "the friendship stage" and "puppy love" might be subtly different (a word change here or there), but won't be too different.

After all, asking Del/Dur on his past, for example, doesn't need to have a different dialogue for either.

Ok I have a question.  In TotSC you encountered Durl if you were female and Del if you were male.  How are you gonna decide which one you encounter (As you are planning so you can have Del and female?

I suppose you could always have someone approach you outside the inn (where you meet him/her) and they say that some werewolf bard wants to talk to you and they say that they know you from <Whatever the name of the island was> and you can either respond 'Is her name Delainy?' or 'Is his name Durlyle?'.

I'm coding Del and Durlyle as separate components; if one is installed the other will not.

That's a shame. I wanted to know what happens if you have both of them in your party...  :D

(It should perhaps be noted, however, that I also want to know what the game would be like if Imoen was the main character, so you're probably better off not listening to me...)

JPS

I'm coding Del and Durlyle as separate components; if one is installed the other will not.

You should probably have a line of text in the tp2 before the install options that makes the point that it is one or the other (and obvious deactivate the option to install all components without asking - luckily there is a command for that).

Archived