Yarpen tweaks :P

yarpen

Why you erase domain spells/abilities at spell levels 1-3 ?

Originally, kitted clerics were supposed to lose one spell slot per level, and have an innate ability to replace it. However, there were problems with doing this, in that the game engine didn't really like it, and would regularly unmemorize spells - annoying, to say the least.

Instead, we had to make it so kitless clerics gained one bonus spell slot per level, compared to kitted clerics. However, granting them bonus slots at low levels was considered too overpowering, so it was decided to start the bonus slots at 4th level spells.

Believe me when we say we would greatly prefer the remove slot + gain innate method, and for all spell levels too. However, we (and I'm sure those players who use DR) would rather have a flawless second-choice method, than a bugged first-choice method.

Kitless clerics got one (that domain) spell more in spellbook.

No they don't, or at least they shouldn't have. Have you by any chance installed the old Cleric Remix mod and Divine Remix at the same time? If so, Please Don't Do That :O.

And attempt to all spell spheres!

Kitless clerics are limited in what spheres they can access, just like the kits. In fact, they have access to less spheres than most of the kits. As the readme mentions, they have no access to animal, chaos, elemental air, elemental fire, law, numbers, plants, sum, thought, time, travelers, war, wars or weather, and only minor access to elemental earth and elemental water.

If for some reason your kitless cleric has access to all spells, it sounds like you've installed another mod which is interfering with Divine Remix.

Then why Kit Clerics don't gain his low-level domain spells?

Because we can't remove a spell slot from kitted clerics, and unless we gave kitless clerics one extra 1st-3rd level slot, it would make them too powerful compared to kitless clerics. We won't give kitless clerics those bonus slots, because it would make them overpowered in the early game.

Tempus cleric is a fighter and cleric. Mask (my new kit) is a thief and cleric. Why we can't transform that kit's into multiclass? Like a Ashes of Embers kits - Arithaan (mage/cleric), Yssiandra (fighter/cleric) and Lathuz (cleric/thief). I really don't know how to do a class transformation but I know, it is possible.

Actually, I'm afraid it's not really possible, at least not without some annoying consequences. While we could give the Demarch of Mask kit to a fighter/thief, it would mean he has the description of a fighter/thief, rather than that of a Demarch of Mask - which would suck quite a lot. There is one way to give him his proper description, but that would mean all other fighter/thieves would have the Demarch description too - which would suck even more :O.

I haven't got any DnD books about clerics.. can you create Mask cleric? I love cleric/thieves... :) Which can use thief weapons.. Or you can give that kit to Song and Silence v2.

We have discussed giving different restrictions to different kits, but engine limitations mean it would require quite a bit of hackery. So it may be implemented in the future, but probably not for a while. Oh, and you can rest assured we'd implement different restrictions for more than just the Demarch :).

In addition, I will point out that the length of kit descriptions is something I like a lot--the vanilla kit descriptions are very short, and particularly in the case of priests I think it makes sense to have more information about your choice.

Hmm... but I don't want to install a Cleric remixes :)

Look... I can't translate that in English....

cleric without kit

advantages:

full sphere access

one spell more at spell level 1-7 than cleric with kit

disadvantages:

no spiritual weapon

no domain spells (which are mage or cleric spells - but in innate list)no special abbility (like a immunity to blindness)

cleric with kit

advantages:special abbility

spiritual weapon

domain spells at spell levels 1-7 (which can be a mage or cleric spells)

disadvantage:

no bonus spells (it's domain spells)

not all spheres...

they're so rebalanced. Not overpowered.. Cleric without kit can select his "domain" (that bonus spell) spell. Cleric with kit can't select that, he gain it by kit.. but he can got uniqal spell there!

And the last.. why Demarch of Mask must be a fither/thief? Mask hasn't got his own clerics? And all cleric/thieves can be a mask clerics... or demi-human gods clerics... can you create optional component?

Class transform is possible. Can you edit Lathuz cleric? it's cleric/thief!! and you can select him in cleric list!! That's right!

Hmm... but I don't want to install a Cleric remixes :)

Uh, what? I said that you *shouldn't* install the old Cleric Remix and Divine Remix at the same time, not that you should :O.

cleric without kit

advantages:

full sphere access

one spell more at spell level 1-7 than cleric with kit

Is what you believe the current version of Divine Remix already does, or is it what you want future versions of Divine Remix to do?

If it already happens in your game, then I'm afraid it's not DR doing it, but some other mod. This is what DR should do:

- Restricted from certain spheres just like the kits

- One more spell at levels 4-7 than a cleric with a kit

If full sphere access and one more spell at every level is what you want us to do, then I'm afrad neither are going to happen. The game doesn't allow a spellcaster access to more than 24 spells at a time, and full sphere access would give them far more than that - so it simply isn't feasible. Not to mention the roleplaying aspect: why on earth should a priest who is less connected to his deity than others, have access to a far wider variety of spells? If anything, he should be more restricted in his choice than most other priests.

One more spell at all levels is entirely possible and indeed very easy to implement. However, IMHO it would unbalance clerics compared to other classes, and make the game too easy (at least in Tutu).

domain spells at spell levels 1-7 (which can be a mage or cleric spells)

Sorry, but as I already mentioned, if clerics don't get one spell at all levels (which they won't, for the reason mentioned above), kitted clerics won't get a domain spell at all levels either.

they're so rebalanced. Not overpowered.

Your method (which I must again point out isn't completely possible due to engine limitations) may mean kitted clerics and kitless clerics are rebalanced compared to one another, but you seem to be forgetting about other classes.

Cleric without kit can select his "domain" (that bonus spell) spell. Cleric with kit can't select that, he gain it by kit.. but he can got uniqal spell there!

If we could make it so kitted clerics lose a slot (compared to unmodded clerics), instead of kitless clerics gaining one slot (again compared to unmodded clerics), we would do. But as mentioned, we can't do that without causing an annoying bug. Better to go with the working but not quite-so-desired solution.

And the last.. why Demarch of Mask must be a fither/thief? Mask hasn't got his own clerics? And all cleric/thieves can be a mask clerics... or demi-human gods clerics... can you create optional component?

Oops, I meant cleric/thief, sorry. While we could make an optional component that adds a cleric/thief version of the Mask kit, it doesn't really seem worth it, especially given it's unwanted side effect, and the fact human priests of mask (which are what most priests of Mask should be) can dual to/from thief anyway. Maybe you could make such a component yourself, and donate it to DR? :)

Class transform is possible. Can you edit Lathuz cleric? it's cleric/thief!! and you can select him in cleric list!! That's right!

I never said it's not at all possible, but he will either have a description of a regular cleric/thief, or *all* cleric/thief multi-classed characters would have the description of the kit. Neither is desirable IMHO.

Hmmm... Next proposition.

My idea i snot rebalanced with other class? Just edit 2DA file with cleric spells and give one spell lesser. And the cleric without kit gain bonus spell. Full rebalanced. And the last. I'm so weak modder :)

Just edit 2DA file with cleric spells and give one spell lesser.

That wouldn't work, as you can't add a bonus slot when the entry in the 2DA file is 0 (i.e. if we changed the 2DA to give zero 1st level spells spells at first level, there would be no way to give kitless clerics back their missing slot).

The only feasible method would be to leave the 2DA file alone and use the remove slot effect for kitted clerics. However, this is precisely what causes the bug I've previously mentioned, where memorized spells would become unmemorized (generally after loading a saved game).

I'm afraid you're going to have to wait until GemRB reaches a fully playable state before your dream can become reality :).

I don't think so... but it's only my opinion.. I've got question.

Can I create Divine remix REMIXES ? by Yarpen? Some fixes and tweaks by Yarpen :) And I check, is my ideas are good or not.. all right :O

Archived