jester

Cam's in-depth review of Chronicles of Narnia

I like Roald Dahl's books.

Ditto :O I think 'Fantastic Mr Fox' was one of his which I loved. Always made me weirdly hungry for English food like pheasant or duck though and with the idea that living in burrows doing lots of tunnelling would be fun.

Loved KingKong btw. Haven't seen the Narnia movie yet though.

Domi, was that Asterix of Asterix and Obelix fame? That would be too cool. :O

Roald Dahl's adult books are fantastic too. Weird, but still fantastic - and the touch of perversion becomes more like a grope of perversion.

Edited by cliffette

Yes, that was one of my favorite books, I read every edition I could get in the library. Made studying French so much more enjoyable :O

Having re-read the books and seen the movie...

Good. Fairly faithful.

Yes, that was one of my favorite books, I read every edition I could get in the library. Made studying French so much more enjoyable :O

Heheh- I recently watched the french film starring Gérard Depardieu as Obelix. It was great seeing the characters in a non-cartoon format. :D

That was a great film, really well done. And it was interesting to see what the puns for the villager's names were in French. I think some of them would have actually translated into English just fine.

Hurrah for SBS, eh? :O

Edited by BigRob

Heheh- I recently watched the french film starring Gérard Depardieu as Obelix. It was great seeing the characters in a non-cartoon format.

*drools* I adore Depardieu. I want that movie! (wanders away to search for it)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.