major bg2 bug!

Guest SlidMang0

Guest SlidMang0

hey, i was just looking through bg2 while working on my upcoming hiphop total conversion when i came across a masive developer oversight.....theres one bit where anomen says "Hmph. If you wish to run some den of thieves, that is your own business. Do not involve me in it. I would sooner see all your guild-fellows dead at the end of my blade."

but everyone knows CLERICS CANT USE SWORDS, so this needs changing. what were bioware thinking?

Anomen also says, "Point the sword, and I shall strike!" and one of his bragging dialogues specifically mentions him using a Spear--and this was after he joined the Order. So there's room to presume that Helm is a bit lax in this regard. That's why one of the mods (forget which, though I'm pretty sure Idobek was behind it) adds the Delryn Family Helmet, which Anomen can use to cast Phantom Blade, so his references to pointy weapons still make a vague amount of sense.

To be fair, "Point the sword and I shall strike" could refer to CHARNAME's sword. :)

I get the feeling that Anomen was originally going to be a Paladin and that they altered him to the Fighter/Priest to follow their usual "Love interest must be able to heal" thing. Then they forgot to re-do all his pointy weapon references.

Archived